Sunday, April 11, 2010

2010 Christmas Update

Mele Kalikimaka 'Ohana

Get Ready for A Christmas to Remember

December 18, 2010

Hampden Hall (or Hawaiian Hula Hut)

11 - ???

Menu – Decorations – Music – Activities


In preparation for an awesome 2010 Christmas, I have come up with several ideas so far which are too lengthy to list here. I will be sending emails to those I have. Please take the time to read and respond and PLEASE forward to anyone who may not be on my list.


First thing is we are having a Hawaiian theme and your assignment is to learn your Hawaiian name or select one of your choosing. See the email for details on this and all other aspects of this event.


You can email me at diane_wtg@yahoo.com, call me at 612-998-2875 or post comments here.


Mahalo (Thank You)

Diane




3 endearing comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

I'm all in! I think this is a "whale" of an idea. I won't "de-lei" in getting you any fresh ideas. But I think you're on the right beach! :)

Looking very much forward to having some Hawaiian food, Hawaiian music and more. Heck, if there's now on the ground, we can even have Hawaiian shaved ice. Yipee!!! Please use coconut bras with caution, however... there are children present! LOL

The more Pineapple the merrier! Are we going to have the super luau guys that eat fire???? That would be sweet!

Looking forward to it Aunt Diane! Have a wonderful week!

♥,
Kana

~kelly :) said...

Dear Dawn, Diane and family...

loved the idea about the super luau guys that EAT fire, however, if our relatives don't get behind this and truly appreciate how much fun this incredibly creative idea is for our Christmas celebration, then I am going to BREATHE fire! :)

...and so far, I've heard nothing but FUN comments, Diane, and my family can't wait for the festivities!!!

Interestingly enough (well, to ME anyway), my Hawaiian name (well, the one CLOSE to my name, anyway)and Celtic name both mean the same exact thing! Now I want to look up all the languages and see how they fare as well.

I wish I were as creative as Dawn in my response (you had to KNOW I was going to LOVE all that, didn't you Dawn?!) but have been up all night and used up my wit and wisdom. I can't even seeweed, I mean, see straight! (feeble attempt, but it's all I've got!)

lots of love to you all,
~kelly

Dawn Doucette said...

LOL... I laughed right out loud at your "Seeweed" Joke. 2 Points for Aunt Kelly!

BTW, does your name mean "Great smiley loving one?" Because that's how I'd translate it.

I think right now everybody is "Lei-ing" around not knowing what to say!

Well don't worry, we'll only truck in a little sand for our indoor beach, but honestly, we won't leave one granule behind! wink, wink

I'm still totally pumped about the theme. I've been playing with "tropical" colored beads & shells in the jewelry I made this week. Anytime you bring the island to Dawn, Dawn's a happy girl!

Have an awesome weekend!
♥ ♥