Friday, March 25, 2011

This and That


Good Morning Everyone, I know some of you do not have facebook so I want to share something that Monica has started and it has caught on like a laughing baby. She started writing a gratitude journal and saying something she is grateful for each day other than the obvious, God and family. Since she has started that many have either commented on her posts with their gratitude's or written on their own facebook pages their gratitude's. I think this is great and it is what keeps the sun shining on a cloudy day. Thanks Monica for the inspiration and thanks Lexi for inspiring/supporting your Mom! With that in mind I thought I would just share a medical update. I just had a 2 1/2 day stay in the heart hospital for atrial fibrillation. We did a cardioversion to get the upper chambers of my heart beating, they were in a quiver and had not been working since early March. I have had this off and on for a long time but it usually converted on it own - not this time though. I was extremely lucky and it converted with the medicine so I did not need to do the electric shock. So now with new medication I will hopefully be able to keep the rhythm regular and not have to see the hospital again for a while. I do have to give up caffeine so that pretty much means coffee but, there is always hot water and that is not too bad either. So with Monica's/Lexis gratitude journal in mind - I am grateful for the unassuming family that allows me to handle these medical inconveniences without making me feel like a sick person. It is great to be home and back to my usual daily chores.
Feel free to count your blessing here on the blog we would all love to be inspired as Monica has inspired so many already. Julie

2 endearing comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

We're all glad your procedure went so smoothly! But none more so than dear little Lucy!
♥ :)

Brenda said...

Well WE are thankful for a mom that is stronger than words. :-) I've never meet anyone tougher than you. We love you!