Sunday, January 6, 2008

I Resolve To.....

Well, kids....we're almost a full week into the new year. Have you broken any of your new year's resolutions yet?

I had so much fun at the Christmas gathering. I wish it were a weekend-long event, so I could spend more time talking to everyone. The next day, I thought about so many things I wanted to ask and say to different people, and it's just not the same chatting online. What a blessing to have a family you want to spend MORE time with! I know so many people who can't wait for their family party to be over with.

I hope everyone brought the new year in safe and with people they love. I was working in jail where it was safe but not so much love. We did, however, toast with kiddie cocktails and wore silly party hats for awhile. It was a VERY busy night, as expected. I think all but 1 person that we booked were drunk. Some happy and entertaining drunks, and some very sad and rude drunks.

Have you made any new year's resolutions? I have resolved, yet again, to read the entire Bible. I made it through Genesis and Exodus last year, and now I'm in Leviticus. Not very good progress, but still progress. I also have resolved to be more proactive and asssertive in my relationships, and to take better care of myself. Let me know if you've made any resolutions. Maybe we can keep each other on track and motivated to accomplish our goals.

I look forward to hearing from all of you either here or at my e-mail flygirlrita@charter.net

Love,
R

1 endearing comments:

Julie said...

Rita, I have thinking about a New Years resolution since I read your post. I never really have set a resoulution, but I do think I at the beginning of the year I always get more organized so I can find paperwork easier throughout the year. So i guess being organized could be my resolution. Good luck with your resolution it is a very good and positive resolution. Happy 2008! Julie