Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Notes


Well it is officially Spring here in Elkhorn. I know because I got my first mosquito bite this weekend. Bridget we have these early this year to welcome you to Wisconsin. We will try to get a snowstorm or 2 in or maybe a thunderstorm, better yet how about both so you can be welcomed back properly. Now back to my mosquito bite, I was scratching it and said laughing to myself "sure hope I don't get West Nile Virus." I know that may sound stupid to you but I have more to that story. I remembered a time I went to a new doctor and was getting acquainted. I had written down my medical history and thought I was through. We talked about my surgeries and medications then proceeded with the exam. The doctor looked at my scar the length of my sternum and said " What is this from?" Oh I had a couple of heart surgeries in the late 80s I guess I forgot to put that down. Well I still chuckle because I have been trying for several months now to get a complete and accurate history of my health events and every time I think I'm done someone kindly reminds me of another event, so what the heck West Nile sounds like a good laugh to me.

Well Seib family just wanted to say have fun with Bridget and her cute kids I know you will make some great memories and scrapbook pages.

3 endearing comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

Mom you crack me up! I'm reading this thinking you are now starting to write like me... In the words of Aunt Kelly, I feel like I was right there with you getting a mosquito bite... NOT COOL I might add!

LOL

Indeed, Bridget & Jason in both directions you are going, I hope you have safe, quick plane trips and that the kids have a great time and make lots of passengers laugh!

Love to all!
me

doughtydigest said...

I've got lots of goodies packed, so hopefully all will go well. I am hoping for a good thunderstorm:) You can have the snow.

~kelly :) said...

Hi people!

I can't remember what day exactly Bridget is supposed to get in, but IF it's today, I hope it's in the morning while we are still getting some snow here in Sun Prairie/Madison..lolol! Sorry, but the irony of it all is just too good to pass up :)

Julie, PLEASE stop making me realize WHY I do not like the warm months!! I've been waiting SOOOOO long for them, don't rain on my parade! :)

I know what you mean about the doctor's office and having to break in a NEW one! But YOU, forgetting to mention a couple of open heart surgeries...come on, WHO does THAT?! LOLOLOL I was seriously laughing out loud, a real good belly laugh...even Koda got excited about it!! (even though he can't read!)

Was wondering who might be at Mom and Dad's this Sunday? I hope it's a lovely weather day...and no mosquitoes are invited to the shin dig!!

xo, ~kelly