Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A trespasser on our property

It's not very often you see this... (Click the picture to enlarge it)


I wanted to share with you a little picture I took this morning. I was at the kitchen sink doing the dishes when I glanced up to see the most adorable red fox walking down the sidewalk of the barn towards the house. She was just precious... so I run, drippy, soapy hands & all - to my desk in the living room to grab my camera. I snapped this picture of her jumping up on our front fence before crossing the road. She made the stone wall look like it was built of legos... such a powerful jumper she is.


She ran across the street, waited for a truck to pass, then ran back to our side of the street and into our woods. Quite a special sight to see.

Now, I'm going out to rake the yard... get up all the dead brown grass so we can have a lush green lawn to mow this summer!

Hope you all have a wonderful day! Lots of Love!

Dawn

4 endearing comments:

Julie said...

Wow! I think that looks like one of the family dogs. Why didn't you catch it for Amy she would love another pet? LOL Mom

Busy Minnesota Mama said...

Cool photo! We have had coyotes in our yard. It's strange to see them.
I'm out "surfing" blogs tonight looking for something interesting to read and inspire. I am also making an offer that I hope you can't refuse. Drop on by my blog to check it out.
http://busyminnesotamama.blogspot.com/ amd
http://busymamablogdesign.blogspot.com/
Thanks, Verna

Joey said...

Hi Dawn!!

Soooooo, a trespasser is on our property, you say??!!! I'm sorry, but I am belly laughing over that one right now!!!

The fox...very cool. I don't think I've ever seen one in my yard, but I did see one in the graveyard in McFarland....Koda runs after EVERYTHING that comes in our backyard so I'm not sure if I'll EVER see something as cool as a fox!

And thinking about Teddy with a fox to play with all day long...oh that WOULD be fun, wouldn't it???lolololol I can see Greg trying to take it out for a potty break...hahaha

Well, I just wanted to put my two cents in since with THIS economy right now, it's ALL I have :(

Just kidding!! I still have three cents left :)

This is Aunt Kelly by the way, posting on Joey's account because he logged in before *I* could...

xoxo, ~kelly:)

Dawn Doucette said...

LOL - Aunt Kelly you crack me up. Now I'm deep belly laughing! Joey writes so well, and has such an incredible sense of humor... I'm still not sure it's Joey writing himself saying he's you!!! :D

I bet Koda is loving having all the birds and squirrels in the backyard again. Our monsters play the game "Squirrel Chaser" similar to cops & robbers, but we never let them bring the "bad guys" in. LOL

Love you lots! Hope you get to open the windows or get outside and enjoy this glorious day... so what are we still doing on the computer, right? LOL

XO,
me