Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Family Cooking Show...


Julia Child's doesn't hold a candle to cooking with Julie Doucette!


What a fun afternoon we had! I got a phone call this morning suggesting that I come enjoy an afternoon of giggles and laughter cooking in mom's kitchen. So off I set after picking up a few last ingredients from the store, with the mission of making Chicken Enchiladas. (for those that are now drooling, turn to page 90 of "Tasteful Treasures - The O'Connell Family Cookbook.)


So Mom, Brenda & I cooked (and sampled) to our hearts content! For the record, black beans are also a very good addition to the recipe, as well as the green chile enchilada sauce. :)

The whole time we cooked, Brenda's babies slept... we were able to zip around the kitchen quickly and without any accidents! :)

After... 25 steamy, cheesy, tasty enchiladas... YUMMY!!!

And one not-so-happy Ashlynn because Auntie Dawn woke her up from almost a 3 hour nap. But it's nothing a little Grandma snuggle can't fix!! :)

3 endearing comments:

Julie said...

Dawn thanks for coming over and helping with our delicious creations. Also thanks for posting the picture of what my Fridays with Grandma look like. We LOVE our snauggle time even when we have to share the lap.
Brenda, thank you for bringing the kids and coming to play with us. I know you and Brian will really enjoy those enchiladas almost as much as I enjoy my snuggles. Love, Mom

JenniLynn said...

That was an awesome story!!! It looks like you all had a GREAT time. 25? Now, that's a lotta enchilada.

I especially love the pic of Julie with Ashlynn and Liam. It brought a huge smile to my face.

However, now I'm hungry, and it's 9:00 p.m. . . too late to eat. Oh well, I don't have any enchiladas anyway. Thanks so much for the story. A great way to end my day.

Love,
R

Brenda said...

What a wonderful afternoon we had. :-) I need to take some cooking lessons more often! Thank you Mom and Dawn.

<3