Sunday, March 21, 2010

Christmas in DECEMBER

Not exactly a novel idea, but what the hey! For a while there, in case you didn't know, we were considering Christmas in July - or August - or a warm summer month. But after much hoo-haa, we decided we'd celebrate the week BEFORE Christmas.

Save the Date - Saturday, December 18, 2010

More details to follow.

In the meantime, I'm gathering ideas for gift exchange or other type of activity so if you have one, let me know. I will share them on this blog in coming months along with a few of my own.

I am continually impressed with the generosity and awesomeness of our family. Let loose with your ideas so we can make this Christmas get-together a memorable event for everyone.

I'll be waiting with bated breath to hear from each and every one of you.

4 endearing comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

I hope you still aren't holding your breath Aunt Diane... I'd turn blue after about 48 seconds... so you might just resemble a smurf is you are still waiting. LOL But I'd still love ya no matter what! ;)

My $0.02 is for the infamous Delectable Caramels from Diane's Diner... Please, please, please?

Looking forward to it! Love you!

Dawn

Julie said...

Diane what do you mean hoo-haa? I am so glad you have such great writing skills I will look forward to reading your posts as you come up with ideas. I currently have now creative gift ideas, BUT I will write down any I hear or think of and get them back to you.
My one suggestion is that you put your email address in a post as I found it to be very fun to get emails form everyone with ideas questions or just fun support for all your hard work. My thinking cap is on so I will let you know if it actually works in the future. Love ya, Julie

JenniLynn said...

I do believe there was less going back and forth in picking a date for Audrey's and Rob's wedding :) We may be a generous family, but sometimes we are a little high maintenance. You are very patient and understanding. I will attempt to be creative and come up with some fun ideas for Christmas. Right now, since it's Monday and all, my brain hasn't kicked into gear yet. I'll keep you posted and I look forward to hearing what everyone else comes up too.

Love Ya,
R

~kelly :) said...

Dear Diane,

Since we are still reeling with the news that Christmas is going to be held in December ;) we are at a loss at what exactly to say...

More from us on another day.

~Vince and Kelly