Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

I am sure you all wonder daily, "What are those people doing in DeForest?" Well, lucky for you, I happen to have a few moments of free time at the jail to fill you in.

First, Noah is still doing great at football. He recovered a fumble - the 3rd in his career - and played almost the entire game on the 22nd. They went on to win 24-0. This past weekend, the 29th, he was lined up against this kid that's bigger than I am. But that didn't bother Noah, he likes to hit hard. They still lost, but what fun to watch.

I missed the game on the 22nd because I was flying home from LA. I had a wonderful visit with Audrey. We got mani-pedis, saw a movie, worked out at her gym, and we even cooked! Audrey had to work one day, so I decided to see how long the boardwalk was along the ocean. I ended up walking 10 miles! But the scenery was beautiful and the weather was perfect. I definitely got my moneys worth out of my $1.99 sandals that day!

Miss Kimberly watched Noah while I was gone because Scott had to go to a conference that same week. She spoiled him so.. giving him rides to and from school and to and from football practice.. that I think he was a little disappointed I was not going to keep that up when I returned. It is so wonderful to be able to leave them home and know everything is taken care of - people and animals getting fed, dishes done, school and practice taken care of, etc - and I can rest easily even 1300 miles away.

Then, Scott and I cleaned house the other day. I mean we took 2 huges loads of stuff to the dump! We even got rid of the living room couch and bought a new one - the very first new couch I have ever owned! We still have an entertainment center we would like to get rid of if anyone is interested. I will try to post a picture. It is actually nice, we just don't need it anymore.

Other than that, it's just the usual day to day stuff. I thank God every day for all of my many blessings, and at the top of that list are all of you!

Love,
R

2 endearing comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for the post. I smiled and chuckled as I read it, so much better than the morning paper. If no one has spoken for the toy box yet maybe we could give it to Casey with her shower presents in it. She is having a boy, so its just a thought. Have a great fall day!!
Julie

JenniLynn said...

Perfect idea for the toy box. It is done!