Monday, February 4, 2008

Dad's Birthday Bash

Good morning, one and all! Just a quick note to let you know that we celebrated Dad's birthday this past Saturday, and although if you couldn't be here in person, we KNEW you were here in spirit...which I guess is a sort of creepy thought, considering you'd be alive and well if you're able to read this blog, but still! I don't have any pictures to show you how we celebrated the event, but just picture people sitting around and talking and eating and relaxing...and some guys at a table playing cards...and some ladies out in the kitchen eating taco dip...and that pretty much sums up the day :)

I just enjoyed having people over, which we really haven't done for a really, really long time. I do miss what-seemed-to-be those monthly get-togethers we used to have when I first joined the family, some almost 23 years ago!! Wow!! Let's not go there! But anyway, it was fun to watch Oliver starting to walk this past Saturday, which brought back memories of watching Oliver's MOM coming to parties in clown costumes and entertaining us!!

Truly, family is what matters most, isn't it?

Love to you all,

2 endearing comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for the post on the party. I was MIA when my computer was sick. Doctor Amy came and found the cure and all is well now. Hope you are enjoying the snow day it sure is coming down hard here. We will get a foot or better before it stops this evening. Julie

Dawn Doucette said...

I actually had to wait to send Grandpa's birthday card because it was hilarious, but it was a Belated Birthday card.

So I get a call this afternoon from Grandpa rolling in laughter... I'll explain why...

The front of the card is a sepia tone picture of a hillbilly standing next to his donkey.

Inside it said "It's about time I got off my ass and wished you a happy birthday!"

I don't think I've ever heard him laugh so hard. It was wonderful to hear and I wanted to share with all! I think it took him back to only 65 years old! Laughter's always the best medicine!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful party. Love to all!

Dawn