Friday, January 1, 2010

Amber & Matthew's Vegetables Vinagrette

I'm still reminiscing over all the wonderful dishes we had at our Christmas party. I really enjoyed the multiple potato varieties... heck we wouldn't be Irish if we didn't have a potato feast, right? LOL

I also enjoyed the fresh vegetable salad that Amber & Matthew brought. I asked Amber to share the recipe because that is one dish I would love to make again! I'm guessing I'm not the only one that loved the Vegetables Vinagrette, so here's the recipe for all to share! Thanks Amber for making a great dish! Much love to all and a very prosperous 2010!

Vegetables Vinegrette

Grape Tomatoes - One package ( 16oz.? )
Yellow Pepper - 1.5 large
Sugar Snap Peas - One package, cut in half short ways
Button Mushrooms - One package ( 12oz? )
Shredded Carrot - Not much, just to add color

Dressing:
Balsalmic Vinegar - I didn't exactly measure, I'm guessing about 1/3 cup
Olive oil - 1/4 cup?
Lemon juice - 1/8 cup?
Minced Garlic - 1/8 teaspoon
Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon, I think it coulda used more, but I ran out!
Salt to taste

This was the first attempt at making this, so I experimented with the dressing.
I suggest mixing it up and tasting it as you go to make sure the measurements are appropriate.
I am delighted that it was enjoyed by many. I will definitely be making this again!

3 endearing comments:

Amber said...

I forgot to write Mozzerella.
16 oz. of fresh Mozzeralla as well.
And fresh parsley.

Dawn Doucette said...

LOL - That's funny, I was going to write in "and if you're from Wisconsin, you can add CHEESE!!!"

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful dish Amber. It was truly delightful! Happy New Year to you and Matthew!

Love you!

~kelly :) said...

Hi Amber!

I'm glad we have the recipe...and it sounds like you measure just like Uncle Vince!! He is a great cook and no doubt, you are too :) We LOVED your dish to pass and want to have you sign up for it NEXT Christmas as well :)

It was GREAT getting to see you, Matthew, Cameo, Weston and your mom! Can't wait til the next time!

xo, ~aunt kelly