Tuesday, June 29, 2010

How does your garden grow?

This year I planted a vegetable garden again. It was quite the ordeal to get the raised bed built and then torn down, and built again in a different location. But none the less, I have a vegetable garden, and every day it amazes me how much it has grown. In just one month, my garden has
gone from this:

To This:

I have Lettuce, Spinach, Dill, Chives, Onions, Carrots, Eggplant, Hot Pepper plant, Cucumber Plant, Cherry, Yellow, and Beefsteak Tomatoes.

You can barely see the pepper plant as it is hidden between the massive eggplant and the crazy crawling cucumbers. But none the less, they are all growing very well. Off to the side I also have a Zucchini Squash plant.



The zuchini is already growing on the plant:
I had to post some pictures since I am having so much fun with my garden. I also finally got a new digital camera. Considering my old one was at least 10 years old, I think I was due for a new one. Isn't it funny, how me, miss IT, is so slow to upgrade to new technology. I still have the computer I bought in 2000. However I have since then purchased a laptop and I use that most of the time. But it is already 3 years old, so I should probably be replacing that soon too. It's still working great, so I don't have any plans for that yet.

Anyways, who else has a vegetable garden, and what do you have growing?
Amy

2 endearing comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

Mmmmmm produce, I can't believe how your garden has grown! Um, who's your garden babysitter while you are gone to water it and talk to it and take real good care of it.... and are they going to be paid handsomely??? ;)

Your garden looks lovely Amy! And that zucchini is just adorable... and itty bitty baby zucchini. Awwww!

Love you!
XO
Dawn

Julie said...

I love this comment from Mae, forwarded to me from Amy to share. We sure have some great relatives.
Good Morning Amy,

I have no idea how to reply to the blog but I can email so, here is my garden story. I have a garden ( actually many) and have had one ever since I got married. In Sun Prairie it was relatively small and the tomatoes were along the back of the house. Since moving here (over 30 years ago now, wow where does time go!) we have had a much larger garden-it's approximately 40' x 40' which has 3 raised beds each 3' x 10' and I have 2 more raised beds (3' x 5' each) in my yard, plus I have several other "gardens". We have hosts, trillium, roses, weigela. spirea, hollyhock, lupine, wild geranium, and bleeding heart around our barn/shed/garage. We have campunla, ajuga,buttercups, tulips, iris, astilbe, heuchera (coral bells), chives black eyed Suzan, monarda (bee balm), lilies of the valley, and more around the perimeter of the house. I have a small round garden which was here when we moved in but has changed a bit but still has the original sedum in it. A few years ago we planted what we call the tulip teardrop garden which is around our huge oak tree. It makes it easier to mow around and has all sorts of spring flowering bulbs and hosts. My vegetable gardens have tomatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, peas, beans, potatoes, eggplant, pumpkin, squash (several varieties), turnips, parsnips, pac choi, asparagus (it volunteered in one of the beds), cucumbers, watermelon, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, marigolds, zinnias, sunflowers, violas, and I probably forgot something. Oh, did I say how much I love gardening! It is therapeutic, meditative, and nourishes my family (both body and soul). I am always changing things around and dividing or adding things. We have lilies here and there and are adding more this year as well as dividing some others. Hope you've enjoyed my rambling.

P.S. I you want to post this on the blog that would be fine with me.

With blessings,

Mae