Saturday, August 4, 2007

Happy Trails

Well Diane I agree we need to get more people blogging, but I am totally enjoying the conversations we are already having. I have dedicated myself to taking my health into my hands and not letting the doctors have control. 2007 has proven to be the year I have had the endurance and support to get the ball moving in the right direction. This blog has become a very important part of my motivation. I get to hear stories and thoughts from those who are the most important in my life (family) and have always been my driving force. I don't think there are words to explain how we feed off each others strengths and how we are more able to achieve our goals with that strength.
NOW for the story of a well loved couch. There is a couch out there now living at 317 Windsor Street, Sun Prairie that has a lot of secrets buried in its cushions. Vince and Kelly bought it when they were first married, a beautiful taupe pit group with recliners on the ends and a hide-a-bed in the middle. When we first started to go to Schwans banquets we would leave our kids at Vince and Kellys for the overnight. We have many pictures of Kelly and kids snuggling on the hide-a-bed making many warm memories. Then as time went on The Reindls replaced the pit with a nice leather grouping and very kindly passed on the memory couch to the Doucettes for their living room group. Doucettes eventually put it in the family room. There have been many sleepovers with all our kids through the years and through high school many kids crashed here. So many stories have been told on that couch and many secrets have been shared. Now with our reorganization of our house with no live in children we asked if the Reindls had any use for the couch. Well as luck would have it they were in need of a couch for their man room in the basement. That couch is still in pretty good shape and I am so happy it get to absorb more history. I was a pretty amazing evening when Vince, Meaghan, and Nick came with a trailer to move the couch home. Ed and Bill were here to lend a hand for the heavy pieces and all loaded up, off they went into the dark of night with the couch. Happy Trails and many more memories to be had. Have a great weekend. Love, Julie

2 endearing comments:

~kelly :) said...

Hi Julie!
I LOVED your post about our well-loved couch, and thanks for the story about its return "home". Honestly, it's almost as if it never left us! I'm sure your memories on the couch are priceless as are ours, and you are right...many more to come. Of course, you are ALWAYS welcome (ALL of your family) to stop in and sit awhile and make more memories :) Love to you all, xo

Brenda said...

That couch is the BEST nap couch in existance; However a short nap usually became a couple hours when it was on that couch. :)