Friday, August 31, 2007

HERE COMES FALL!


Well it is time for the Walworth County Fair so that is our official end of summer. I went with Beth yesterday and had a great time sharing treats and viewing exhibits. We had great weather and they managed to get the standing water drained so no mud holes. I must say it was very enjoyable. Now for the day after, my feet are having a hangover. I will be enjoying the sounds and smells of the fair from home today which is just fine with me. As I check out my summer accomplishments I must say I/Ed was very productive this summer. I start the project and Ed finishes it. We painted the living room/entry/hall less the trim. We are going to replace some of the trim so we are painting as we go. We got our new retaining wall done, which only required $$ and not our labor, and we cap it off with trips over to the fair for music and food. Tonight it is the Beach Boys and Ed and Amy will take in that concert. Ed has been on vacation all week and has enjoyed may hours of sawdust and a few of mowing. Otherwise it is ER, and Bonanza when he takes a break. So hope you have all had a great summer and have an even better fall. For those going back to school good luck with all the new opportunities. Never let a good opportunity pass you by. Brenda started school last week and it seems to be just the perfect choice for her as she has already found a job in an Assisted Living Home. She is going to Gateway for her CNA and is getting her CBRF for her Assisted living job. Thing always seem to happen for a reason. She was abruptly done with her job on a Tuesday and within 24 hours had 2 new ones. God sure was taking care of her and for that I am grateful. So may you all have the hand of God on your shoulder as you proceed into the fall and for those of you having babies may God have his hand on your belly also. Lets here summer and back to school stories, etc. Julie

1 endearing comments:

~kelly :) said...

Hi Julie,
What happened to Brenda's nanny job? Did I miss something? I didn't even know she was going to be done. Obviously she had plans to go to school by your post, but hey, where have I been? Fill me in if you can, and thanks! LOVE to read your posts, by the way!!
xo, ~kelly