Thursday, August 2, 2007

Minneapolis Folks are OK

Hi All.
Just wanted to let you know we're all OK up here. Ken, Quincy, Weston and I were at my company picnic when the bridge collapsed. The caterer received a phone call and came over to tell me about it. Cameo was at church and Amber, I believe, was at home.


As far as I know, no one I know was near the disaster. It's a very sad situation but always something good comes out of these situations. I've already heard stories of strangers helping strangers and risking their lives for others. As time unfolds, we'll start to hear more of these.
I think there's always lessons to be learned and with the right perspective, you can see how one can take a mess and make a message out of it (something our pastor highly promotes). Given any circumstance, you can see God's hand in it if you try. As the caterer said, if you're the praying type, now is the time. Many need our prayers for - those who've lost someone, those who are still in critical condition, the people who need to determine what happened and why, etc.


It's always nice to get messages - like the voicemail I got from Julie and the text message I got from Amber - making sure I was OK. It's a great reminder to count your blessings - starting with the people we love. I think that's one thing we've all learned from Mom and Dad. When you take time to practice gratitude, it'll change your perspective in a hurry. 'Nough said.


Love you all ! !
Love the blog - everybody gets a gold star!

2 endearing comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

Oh Aunt Diane - I am so glad to hear you are okay. I was on the phone with Mom checking to see if she had heard anything from y'all when your post came in... talk about great minds thinking alike~

We're counting our blessings as I type! I love you all, give everybody hugs & kisses from us!

XOXO,
Dawn

Julie said...

Diane thanks so much for the post. We are so grateful that you and yours were not on the bridge. You are so right about leaving it in God's hands and he does work in mysterious ways. I'm sure I will read a story or two in the Guidepost someday about a miracle on the bridge. Gold star for your quick post. Love, Julie