Monday, September 3, 2007

is this thing on?

Greetings fellow family members! I THINK I might actually have a moment to blog and catch you up on the happenings around the Windsor Street Weindl's, I mean, Reindl's! (Even when typing, I cannot speak right!)

Things are EXTREMELY quiet here today, Labor Day. We took Nick back to Milwaukee to his humble abode last Thursday, and we moved Josh into the dorms at UW-Milwaukee on that same day as well...

and I am sad. :(

But they, THEY are doing really well, so I am HAPPY about that!

Although, I think we will always refer to August 30th as "the day the music died" at 317 Windsor Street, because after four LONG years of nothing but live music by various bandmates streaming from these walls and out onto the streets and into Peter's yard...

it is quiet...

TOO quiet.

(Even Meaghan is gone this weekend, up north camping with her friend, Laura.) It's just Joey, Vince and I...a sign of the times to come, I know, but we all agree we have to take up instruments now and get us some gigs!!!

Anyway, I will give you Nick's new address in case you want to ever write him or stop in...he LOVES company. Nick Reindl 2707 N. Oakland Ave. Milwaukee, WI 53211
His email address is nvreindl@uwm.edu and his cell phone is 608-513-0928.

Josh's new address (he lives about 6 blocks from Nick) is: Josh Reindl 3400 N. Maryland Ave.
Sandburg Hall - Box 1836 Milwaukee, WI 53211
His email address is jhreindl@uwm.edu and his cell phone is 608-444-7253

We are VERY excited about Josh's first 24 hours in the dorms, as we found out one of his suitemates brought and plays a stand-up bass, but he also secured himself a job at Jimmy John's sub shop! We think Josh is going to be just fine!

Well, enough for now because as you know, I could blog on, and on, and on, and on, and on...
and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on...

I'm sure you will all remember but don't forget to call your mom and dad (or grandma and grandpa) and wish them a Happy Anniversary today! I think it's #52, isn't it!!?? It's amazing, that's for sure!! I think I can hear them celebrating and whooping it up all the way down here...I better go and see what's happening!

love to you all,

2 endearing comments:

Julie said...

Welcome to our humble blog. I loved your post it is so great to get the news and addresses all at once. You are much more efficient than I could ever be. Can't wait to read more. Julie

Scott Gregory said...

OK,
I still can't believe Josh has moved out and is college! Holly gee wiz! It seems like just yesterday I picked up Rita for one of our first dates from your house and the kids were all babies (less than 10 years old - no insult to anyone).

Now they are adults (at least some of them).

Wow.

Oh, by the way, welcome to another "out-law" on the blog!!

Scott