Thursday, September 13, 2007

Life is about change...

Good morning all! It's been a while since I've posted on here and well...a lot has changed. So here I go.

My days of being super Nanny have ended. It ended rather quickly almost a month ago. I came to a realization, a difficult one, but I realized that I could not handle 4 children, 50 hrs a week, by myself while having a life of my own. So I came to my senses, admitted my feelings, and that was that. I miss them terribly but I guess that's life right?

On another note, I have time to myself again! I am currently attending Gateway Tech College to get my Nursing Assistant Certificate. I go to class 2 days a week for 4 hrs each day. The class is going really well and surprisingly it wasn't as hard to get back into the "school scene" as I thought it would be. The first portion of the class is all classroom/lab work where we learn all the skills and the 2nd portion of the class will be spent at the nursing home doing clinicals and practicing everything we learned. The entire class is complete December 6th. It's going great!!

And finally to fill my void of helping people, (and to make $ of course), I got a new job! I work at an Assisted Living Facility. It's much like a nursing home with the exception that there isn't a Registered Nurse on site at all times, and they have to be a LITTLE more able to take care of themselves. I'm enjoying it a lot! I have 2 more small classes to become CBRF (community based residential facility) certified. I'm still in the learning process because there is A LOT to take it, but I can already tell I'm headed in the right direction. :)

Well that's all for now, time to go do some laundry. (Wow did I just sound like my mom) Hope everyone has a good day!

Love, Brenda

3 endearing comments:

Grip KT said...

Brenda,
Way to go! Keep following your gut and if everything feels right that's where you need to be (even when it's hard to get there).

Katie

Dawn Doucette said...

I'm so proud of you little Sis! You are woman enough to know your strengths & weaknesses and speak up when you're unsure. You have such a loving and kind heart. I know all of those seniors you're working with now are so lucky to have you!

Good luck with your classes dearest! Love you!

Julie said...

Yes Brenda it is hard to follow your dreams and sometimes unexpected rewards come with the hardship. You learn the most about yourself and life when you test your limits, so strap yourself in and enjoy the rollercoaster of life. Love, Mom