Friday, October 31, 2008

Help me out a little here, please...

Good morning! Am I dreaming or wasn't there a post about Riley at the top of this page?! I am wondering if I am missing something on my computer?! Do I need Amy to come back over to help?!

Love the new picture at the top, but do you think this is the road Riley has disappeared on?

I hope everyone has a fabulously fun Halloween! We will be trick-or-treating as one scary evil looking dude tonight and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate so Joey doesn't look like another kid just bundled up in a big winter coat!! Vince and I also have bowling league AFTER the trick-or-treating has finished and are bowling against two couples we know pretty well so THAT should be a fun way to cap off the evening!

Vince took the day off today and is driving down to Milwaukee to help Nick fix his car. Then, Nick and Meaghan are coming back to Sun Prairie for the weekend. Josh has to work and is actually looking forward to having his place all to himself (since all his roommates are coming back home to party on State Street tonight.)

Things here in Sun Prairie are going along just fine, in case you wanted to know. Joey is busy with fourth grade extra schoolwork, and is bowling on two leagues, taking piano lessons and also in band learning the clarinet. He is loving, loving, LOVING his new baby brother, Koda, and I must say the feelings seem quite mutual!!

Nick and Meaghan both have jobs now as tutors for UW-M and they travel to different places to help kids with their homework. Nick sets up "shop" at a clinic for underprivileged families and he is in one of the waiting rooms and helps kids that are sitting there with their moms or dads while their siblings might be seen by a doctor. He teaches them to read and works about 10-12 hours a week. Meaghan goes to a YMCA and helps out kids with Reading and Math. This was her first week, and her stories about traveling there by bus were QUITE intense. She has now teamed up with another UW-M student, Sarah, and they are going to drive over in Sarah's car from now on. I am going to pay for Sarah's gas I'm so grateful!! Anyway, they work Mondays and Wednesdays from 4-7pm plus they all get paid for travel time too, which is nice.

Josh is still at the pizza place and getting used to their system. We stopped in there last weekend when we were there for some carry-out pizza and it was very, very good. We noticed a plaque that said Mama Mia's placed 3rd in some poll about favorite pizza or Italian in the Milwaukee area. It is such a little hole in the wall, we were quite surprised!! Well, that was until we ATE the pizza...then we understood just fine!!

Well, I am looking forward to everyone's Halloween pictures that they post over the weekend! My little Winnie-the-Pooh has now turned into some scary looking creature with a ghoulish blue face with warts all over it, long scraggly hair and a weapon that could chop down an entire forest in 10 seconds! I'm not sure how much candy one gets with something like that, but if nothing else, he can scare the littler kids out of THEIR candy! :)

Have a frightfully safe night!

xo, ~kelly

4 endearing comments:

doughtydigest said...

Yeah, I was wondering what happened too, yesterday my dashboard said there was a new post...but there was nothing there. Who manages the blog? Anywho, sounds like you have a busy weekend! We have soccer games on saturday and a choir concert on sunday.

Dawn Doucette said...

You aren't crazy... I think Reilly ate his post... he heard something about peanut butter birthday cake... and it vanished! :)

Halloween was a gorgeous day down here! We dressed up as golfers and hit 18 holes! Didn't do to bad either!

Bridget, I love the photos of your Harvest Children! What beautiful kids you and Jason have! My love to all of you!

Must go take care of the leaves!

Have a blessed Sunday!
Dawn

Julie said...

Dawn, Riley is the correct spelling and not Reilly that is a girl.
As for the post yes I removed it.
Julie

~kelly :) said...

Okay, I was just checking because MY computer acts up all the time is all. Thanks for letting me know it wasn't on MY end :) xo, ~kelly