Monday, October 13, 2008

This and That




First off Carissa awesome job on the pillows and curtains, we enjoyed the show and the story. Next, we had our Oct B-Day gathering and Bon Voyage to Brian. Chris and I have B-Days and Brian is leaving on the 20th for China. He gets back Nov. 6th the beginning of Christmas season. We gave him Ashlynns first ornament as a token of what a great Christmas a baby brings. We all know Christmas through the eyes of a child is the best and most unforgettable feeling. I also got the coolest present. I got a rainforest to play with with Ashlynn, Wow how much fun we will have. We gave Chris all kind of goodies to enjoy like Coffee, pumpkin pecan bread, gourmet cheese and crackers and a funny card to make him laugh. I also got a book about Tim Russert who passed away this year and was my political encyclopedia. I will read with coffee on the deck and enjoy fall with the laughs and warmth he inspired in people every day. The Irish Catholic boy from Buffalo will live in the hearts of many and hopefully the world will be better for what we learned from Tim and Big Russ his Dad. We had Turkey Dinner carryouts from St. Pats and it was very low key, little work and very wonerful Birthday memory. The rainforest picture was actually taken this morning before Ashlynns nap, so it is already being enjoyed.
I hope everyone made great use of the wonderful weekend weather and soaked up the warmth to save for the coolness that will come soon. Enjoy your week and enjoy life! Make one person feel better this week and you will feel even better yourself.

2 endearing comments:

JenniLynn said...

So glad you all had a wonderful weekend. The weather was perfect. We did get to enjoy with a little Noah football. The won!!! They played against some big guys. The guy Noah lined up against weighed more than me. I think he must have been about 200 lbs!

I'm still trying to deal with this frozen shoulder, so if you know of anyone who has had it, please let me know what they did to treat it.

Have a GREAT week!
Love,
R

~kelly :) said...

Hi Julie!

Thanks for the post! I especially loved hearing about the different things that people think to give others...it sounds like a great day!

Good luck to Brian on his travels and know that we will be sending him positive thoughts while he's on his way there (AND back :)

Koda is sitting by the door so I need to go...that seems to be "his" sign to let me know he wants to go outside (if you know what I mean!) He has been a REALLY wonderful addition to the family! We couldn't have picked a better little brother for Joey!

love to you all,

~kelly