Wednesday, November 5, 2008

PROUD AMERICAN

Did you vote? How was your experience? Were the lines long? Did you do something special?
Well I voted absentee, it was my way of catching the whole day on TV, of others and their feelings as they voted in an historic election. I wanted to be a sponge. I am proud to say we can vote and not feel like we will be shot at. We, Americans, have begun a new era where the brick wall is torn down and we can start to get rid of the ignorance and fear of race so we can be a stronger and more healthy country. Tim Russert began me on this journey to the historic day and evening we had Nov. 4, 2008. He explained how this election unlike any other held components of America that has never before been a part of our campaigning for leader of the country. He told us before he died June13th, 2008 that we should try to absorb as much as we could so we can share the history with our babies because this is truly a part of history we will never forget just like 911. Today count your blessings and be proud that we can vote and we can accept all people to make our country all we can be. I know I am proud. Julie

6 endearing comments:

~kelly :) said...

As I told my kids yesterday when I called them, "If you love your momma, you'll vote for Obama!"

Okay, I only said it because it rhymed! Truly, as long as they voted, that's all I cared about...and they did and it was FUN to hear about their first experiences as voting adults!

As Josh said, "Wow! I really felt like a grown-up!"

Nice post, Julie! We ARE fortunate to be here to watch this change in history...

~kelly

Brenda said...

This election was the first election I was able to vote in- what a historic one to be my first! It's incredible to think of the new doors that have been opened. I think of when Ashlynn gets older the thought of all "white" presidents will be such a silly thought to her. She will be reading it in HISTORY books! It's a privledge to live in our country. Lets count our blessings!

JenniLynn said...

I am proud to be an American and feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to vote. Both Audrey and Kimberly voted in their first presidential election. Audrey voted absentee, and Kimberly and I went together. In an out in less than 20 minutes. In 2004, I stood in line for 3 hrs, so this was AWESOME!

I can't say that I am pleased with the outcome. I just believe in God's will and his master plan - even if I don't understand it or agree with it. I pray for our country and pray for President-elect Obama.

Anonymous said...

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say that I am proud to be an american and support whoever is president. Yes even Bush till the end. I was really sad that everyone bashed him so much because as I research all of these things, a lot of it had to do with the poor job Bill Cliton did when he was in office. Lets just say he didn't do much of anything.

I backed McCain with the rest of my family. The focus on Obama being black and hearing change over and over not what his plans were disappointed me. Me being a white woman and my boyfriend being a black man, whom also voted for McCain, was upset that it was the black president.

We hope to have kids someday and if they do anything of national interest I hope they are viewed as a part of both of us multi-racial. Not just black not just white. Otherwise it is about color still which one should I be today to make the biggest statement. It's not about that anymore Rob has never felt anyone was holding him back.

At the end of the day I pray for our country and leaders as I always have because my dad has always said its extremely important. I also know after reading the book of revelations over and over that war is a part of God's plan it's inevitable. You can't be on top without defending it. Why do you think China was so happy. They hate us now we have someone who won't defend our country like it should be and that concerns me.

Even though our views are different I love you and may God Bless you everyday.

Audrey
ps- 96% of black people voted for Obama but race had nothing to with. Now if 96% of white people would have voted for McCain it would have been that puzzles me.

kimberly said...

Hi to everyone,

I did go out and vote with my mama. I also got to vote with her in the preliminaries. Very exciting as well, but I too was upset with the out come I am big on politics, I'd have to say Audrey and myself aren't your average 19 and 21 year old girls. We watch the news and read the paper and are always looking things up online to get the correct answers for whatever it may be we want to know.

As for my thoughts on the this election, I feel like many of the youth adults (ages such as mine and Audreys) didn't quite understand what they were voting for. As I like to call it "bandwagon" voters people who didn't research or understand both views of the running canidates. I will also no matter what support our country until the very end of my existance, because we are so very blessed to live in a free country and to be able to express our feelings. However I hear many people going around these days saying people who didn't support Obama need to respect their country and just support him. Which I do and I'll leave the rest up to God. Although I do know many of those people complained the whole entire 8 years bush was in office, I know many of them didn't support him even a little. So to hear those people go around and try to justify their love for Obama it's hard to listen to those who haven't given an ounce of support over the last 8 years.

Beyond all the Bush had to deal with alot more than anyone of us living an everyday live can know or even comprehend. I know many of the people who put him down couldn't have done nearly as good of a job as he did. I give tremendous credit to whomever takes on the battle of running our country. It isn't and will never be an easy task. And as far as world peace goes.. I think everyone just needs to know there will be no world peace until the LORD comes to save us. No Obama no McCain, no President has the power to make that happen.

The race issue, just needs to be thrown out the door! I've never been racist and I know people in some of my extend family that are I do not support those thoughts or actions in anyway. So no to those people who think everyone that voted for McCain was racist against Obama, very very untrue I love Rob audreys boyfriend he is a wonderful man no color of skin has the power of changing who someone is.

I love all of you. Regardless of who you voted for or didn't vote for. The fact of the matter is now.. it is what it is and we have to back our country up. I fully support each and every member of the army who is over seas fighting for or has fought for our country. And yes audrey war is inevitable I'm with you there. Oh i miss you by the way :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful week and enjoyed the nice weather. Its going to start getting cold just ask me I'm miss weather channel 101 over here!

-Kimberly

P.S. Audrey lets get our own show on CNN and be debaters together! we are so good at it ooo how fun would that be! ahh we will work on that asap!

Julie said...

Hey everyone thanks for the comments. I enjoyed reading everyone of them. I think we are very lucky to have a family with such diversity. Thanks again for contributing. Julie