Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy 1st Birhtday!

Happy Birthday Ashlynn!

I am in awe that it's been a full year (in a couple hours) since I first got to hold Ashlynn. Parent's always say time goes fast and they grow up way to soon; I believe that's a statement that I never fully understood until I became a parent myself. Being a parent is the most satisfying job I could have ever asked for. It's amazing how much one little body has learned in a year. She went from being 100% dependent on Brian and I to rolling over, sitting up, walking/chasing, using her thumb and pointer finger to pick up small objects, usually food which proceeds to go directly in the mouth, to saying "good girl daddy" when he took the garbage out, to understand the meaning of hide and seek, and kisses, and "can I have a hug"; this list could go on forever. She learns something new everyday and everyday I count my blessings to have such a healthy, happy, one year old!

This is the first of MANY years to come; Happy Birthday Ashlynn! Mommy and Daddy love you! xoxo

5 endearing comments:

Brenda said...

BTW we will be having a birthday party and you all will be invited; However the date/time is TBD. I'll keep you all posted.

~kelly :) said...

Dear Brenda,

Well, thanks for the really great cry I had already this morning :) (I probably bawl at least once a day about SOMETHING, and now I feel like I've gotten that accomplished for the day!! :)

I am thrilled that you are enjoying motherhood soooooooooo much (like I knew you would!) and that Brian is truly a really great dad! That is so important to your little ones ~

I can't believe it's already been a year either!! And soon, you will REALLY enjoy watching Ashlynn become a big sister! I remember when Josh came along 17 months after Nick, and seriously, you couldn't pay enough for entertainment like that!! And I'm not trying to talk you into this craziness, but when MEAGHAN showed up 17 months after Josh...well, NOW we're talking about some five-star shows with those three growing up!!!!!

Happiness to you all and I hope today is a really fun and special day!!

xo, ~aunt kelly

p.s. Now I'm crying again. I think I'll go balance my checkbook...I'm sure that will make me cry AGAIN!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Ashlynn!!! Well Storey Family I can't top Aunt Kelly's memories and would not try. I do want to join you both in remembering how fast the time flies. I am so glad you enjoy it and take time to play it is a great thing. Grandpa and I look forward to more time to play with the grandkids in the years to come. Love to all, Grandma

JenniLynn said...

Happy 1st B-day Ashlynn! Year one goes sooooo fast and so does every year that follows. We look forward to celebrating with you!

Love,
Aunt Rita

P.S. Sorry so short, but I'm at work.

Dawn Doucette said...

Well, do we get pictures of Ashlynn getting cake on her 1st birthday??? I hope she got to make a big mess of frosting and cake all over her mommy & daddy!

Love you guys lots! Give little pumpkin kisses from us!

XOXO,
Auntie Dawn