Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Fun!

So are we having fun yet?

For us in SE Wisconsin, summer has been beautiful... especially the last 4-5 days. Bridget & Jason, I really feel for you guys. I just saw Bridget's post on Facebook, which prompted me to pull up the weather forecast for Phoenix, AZ.

Wow, you guys are really getting cooked. I had gotten an e-mail from my friend Katie in Scottsdale and she was saying on Friday is was 114 and nobody is going golfing (which is source of income) because it is just too darn hot. Then I look at the 10 day forecast and you guys don't have a high below 100 for at least the next 10 days. The lows for the overnights are still in the 90's... that plum crazy!

I really feel for you. I remember the summer of 88 here and it was a cooker, we lived at the lake eating watermelon and freeze pops. Make sure you take care of your kiddos... I recommend sticking a damp t-shirt in the freezer before bed tonight so when you get up tomorrow, you can put on a nice frozen t-shirt to cool off. ♥

Brenda, I was waiting for you to post, but I'm more impatient than you. Over the weekend I went with Brenda & we met up with Brian at Brown's lake in Burlington. It was Ashlynn's first beach day and she loved it. I think she might be part mermaid Bren! LOL Anyhoo, I wanted to share a few of the pictures because we really did have a wonderful day. Brian took his jetski out so I got to help keep little fingers and curious feet within arms reach... which is a challenge when she's on a mission! We had a ball and hope you enjoy our pictures!

So dear WI family, when you say your bedtime prayers tonight for the beautiful weather we've been having and to cool it down out in Arizona.
.

2 endearing comments:

~kelly :) said...

Hi Dawn! THANKS for the pictures and the post! So much fun to read about and see...memories of what summer is supposed to be like! (Well, besides sand volleyball and $3.00 Margaritas on Thursday nights!!!) Anyway, I got a kick out of you telling Brenda you were way more impatient that she is...YA THINK???!!!!!! My sister and I are the same, only it's the other way around...I am way too laid back (according to her) and she gets edgy waiting for me to do whatever it is she thinks I should be doing right now!!!

As far as the heat thing goes in AZ, I saw Jason posted on FB that their AC was NOT working!!! yikes!!! I believe it was fixed yesterday but oh my goodness, I can't even imagine what that is like!!! I have an aunt that lives near them and I was going to call her and see how she felt about two adults and four kids living with her for the summer!! Honestly, she WOULD be HAPPY to have them move in...to her, the more the merrier :)

Well, once again I've become long-winded and I know how much that surprises you! I don't get on here as much as I would like to...no, I take that back...I quick get on and read the important stuff....Reindl Blog, check my bank balance, FB (with two games of Scrabble that I play on there), Email and then...I don't know...maybe some work stuff!

THANKS AGAIN for the pictures...I loved them and it's nice to see everyone looks happy and summer-y! love to you all...~k

Dawn Doucette said...

OMG... I can't believe it's taken me this long to respond.... First, I'm so sorry for being blog-linquent. I'm usually better than that Aunt Kelly! Secondly, I second $3 margaritas... no matter what day of the week it is! LOL

Here we are 2 weeks later and it's still hot in AZ... I bet popsicle consumption in the Doughty home is through the roof! :)

BTW, I just wanted to prove how patient I really am... that's why "I waited" 2 weeks to respond... ha, ha, ha... just kidding.

Hope you have a wonderful week... I can't believe we're at the end of July already. That's crazy!

Much love to all!
Dawn