Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Labor Day Weekend!


Mmm, Reindls are cooking Johnsonville Brats!

I think I can speak for many of us when I say how wonderful it was to see everybody that was able to make it to Grandma's Birthday party over Cornfest weekend. We are so blessed the weather was absolutely perfect for a spectacular event!


We are equally so fortunate that so many people were able to come. It was great seeing you Aunt Diane & Quincy. It was wonderful seeing Audrey & meeting Rob as well. Glad everybody had safe travels! :)


We take our Beanbag toss VERY Seriously!

I took several pictures from the day (these are just a few), but here's the funniest part:
- It was Grandma's birthday and I somehow didn't get one single picture of her.
- It was cornfest weekend and I don't have any pictures of people eating corn (I know, so disappointing) LOL

I did get some corny pictures on Grandma's camera though, so when she develops the film, all the incriminating evidence will be there! I have several more pictures, but thought it would be fun to space them out a few days so you can enjoy these! If you'd like the pictures on a CD, I'd be happy to pop one in the mail to you. Just spam my e-mail dawndoucette@charter.net with your request and address and I'll send it out!!

It's supposed to be a beautiful Labor Day weekend for those of us in the Midwest! I hope you get a chance to enjoy it and have fun in whatever your plans are!

Much love to all!
Dawn

P.S. Did you know that in Ohio, the game of bean bag toss is called "Corn Holing" Because their beanbags are filled with feed corn! I have a friend in Ohio that told me that a few years back, and I about p... well we'll just leave it at "I thought it was the funniest sounding name ever." :) Just your bit of trivia for the day!

2 endearing comments:

Monica and Bill said...

Thanks for the pictures. They are great. That was a fun day and it was very cool to have so many of us there and to meet Rob.
You know what else is funny? Cornhole is actually an intramural sport at UW-Oshkosh. Isn't that awesome!
Have a wonderful day and we'll watch for more pictures to come.

~kelly :) said...

Hi Dawn! Thanks for the post! Josh and I missed the first hour or so of the shindig so now we are all caught up! And yes, NO pix of Gramma OR corn eating IS ironic and worth a few chuckles!! I hope all is well with everyone and what a GREAT way for everyone to get together at the end of the summer :) I hope next year's is just as well attended...and Josh and I will try to get there earlier too :)

xo, ~aunt kelly