Wednesday, August 26, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEAGHAN AND MOM !!! :)

Hi everyone!!

Great to see so many people at Mom and Dad's on Sunday! If I would have been next door to their house, I would have looked in the backyard and thought the Corn Fest was THERE!!!

Happy Birthday to Mom (Gramma) and to Meaghan !!! I can still remember 19 years ago, dropping Nick and Josh off at Mom's house in the morning (for the Reindl August birthday party!) and driving away to go and have Meaghan at the hospital :) It was fun to watch the little guys hop up Gramma and Grampa's front steps, jump into the house and Gramma wave good-bye to us, wondering if her "birthday buddy" was going to be a boy or a girl :)

God bless Mom and Dad for babysitting that day...can't imagine trying to have another baby with two kids under two in the hospital room!! And I still can remember the first time Josh and Nick looked at Meaghan and thought, "What the heck is Mom bringing home NOW??!!"

Mom, thanks for all the things you do for me, like weeding the garden when you are walking past the house and you can't take it anymore, letting me know that I left my front porch light on again and advising me that after living in our home for four months, I really SHOULD buy front curtains ! :)

Meaghan, how lucky I am to have you for a daughter! You make me want to be a better person and volleyball player, especially since you have been subbing on my two volleyball teams all summer long!!! How in the world did you learn to become such a fabulous player??!!! I enjoy your helping me try to be healthier this summer, and also how you look after your own health and well being, like...when I mention to you a little ailment I am having, and the first thing you ask me in your most nurturing and caring voice, "Hey, is THAT hereditary??!" You make me most proud, however, when I see you checking out the clearance racks while shopping and holding up something with a little rip, that's like $40 OFF the sale price saying "Hey, do you think Gramma can sew this??!!!"

I seriously don't know what I would do without either of you in my life. Many, many happy birthdays and thanks for MANY cherished memories...

~kelly

(that's mom to you, Meaghan...)

1 endearing comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

Awww, I second that wonderful birthday tribute!

Happy Birthday to Grandma & Meaghan!

And with a few showers this morning, it sure looks like it's going to be a marvelous day for a birthday! Hope both birthday girls get to go outside, breathe in the fresh air and feel very special to be blessed with another birthday!

Much love to both Grandma & Meaghan on their special day! It was wonderful seeing so many of the family on Sunday! I have some great pictures I'll post later this week!

XOXO,
Dawn