Saturday, August 1, 2009

Welcome To August

Grandpa and his helpers

Hope you are all enjoying your summer. Early this year God and I had a talk. I asked for a cooler summer so I could walk outside more, so I could have time to clear my thoughts and plan a simple yet memorable Christmas for you all and especially Mom and Dad. Well, I guess he listened to me and I am very sorry to all the heat lovers, but God has once again blessed me.

Now with all that said lets talk about exchanging names. Let's have an ornament exchange for one group and a gift exchange for the little ones. Both are completely optional so I will need your help putting together a list. I would like someone from each family to take charge as the captain of their team and get me a list of who wants to participate and in which drawing. I am very hopeful that you will all cooperate very expeditiously and that we can have the drawing in August at Mom's birthday party. I will send postcards with the results to each family so you can post it on your refrigerator. You can access me here at the blog or on my email doucette56@charter.net. I love to see the kids and their gift opening so I hope there are kids who would like to participate in the fun. Thanks for all your help enjoy the rest of your summer.

Julie

2 endearing comments:

JenniLynn said...

So you're the reason! I knew it must be someone with a lot of pull to have a summer this cool. Saves on air conditioning which makes me sneeze, so thanks! Now, let's talk about winter. What are you asking for there? I'd like to be prepared :)

Christmas - Scott & I and Audrey & Rob (as couples) along with Kimberly would like to do the ornament exchange. Noah will be joining the gift exchange.

Have a great weekend all!
Love,
R

P.S. love the pic of Eddie and his helpers! A little slice of heaven for you both.

Brenda said...

Mom I never thought i'd say this but this cool summer HAS been a blessing! It's made it much easier to carry around this "buddah belly" all day every day. :-)

You can count all of us Storey's in for the Christmas exchange. Brian and I as a couple in the ornament exchange and Ashlynn AND baby boy in the gift exchange. (wow feels wierd writing that)

Hope to see everyone at the August Birthday's!