Saturday, August 22, 2009

Our Friday night

Hi all, just wanted to share what the Gregory family does on a Friday night. I had to work late and arrived home around 7:00 pm. Waiting for me were Noah, Kimberly and Rita. I had promised Noah we would go to the Pre-played video store earlier in the week (Noah reminded me at 6 pm when he called me at work!)

Off the four of us went. To the pre-played store for Noah to get a game then to dinner. Well, three blocks from home we decided (3 against 1) to skip the video game store and go to dinner. (Note: Noah and I went to the game store Saturday morning, so my promise was only delayed for a day.)

We drove to Cross Plains to have dinner at Monk's. This restaurant is situated in "downtown" Cross Plains next to the restaurant/bar Kimberly is working/managing at. The place isn't opened yet - I will let Kimberly blog all about that .... hint, hint, hint.

Needless to say they won't have much competition. I had the fish and it was OK, Rita's baked fish was OK, Kimberly's chicken wasn't that good nor was Noah's mini-corn dogs. I always thought mini-corn dogs were labeled such due to the size, but it is the portion!

Meal was eaten, bill paid and off we go. I recently purchased a speed board sign at work. I put it up for the first time this weekend and I wanted to see how it worked at night. So, we took the long way home for me to drive by the sign. On the way there we drove by Vitense and decided to stop and play some mini-golf. It has been over 15 years since I have been to that place - my it has changed. We had a good time mini-golfing and I remembered a while back Rita saying she has never gone to a batting cage to bat balls. So, I thought it would be a good idea to bat some balls - what the heck. Between the 4 of us we batted (or at least had thrown at us) 140 baseball/softballs.

We were on our last couple of tokens and what does Rita do but get hit by a softball. I know, how does one do that? Only my dearest Rita can! Now, you are thinking she got wacked in the head - no that didn't happen. The ball hit her thumb and bent her finger nail all the way back! OUCH! Poor girl is going to lose that nail.

We limp Rita back to the car. I am sure this occured because now it is 11:00 pm, WAY past her bedtime. We took a drive past my speed board sign (I didn't forget.) Then Noah wanted to see a few parts of the town where I work. So, I drove my family through a few areas in the Town. Greg - we waved at your place of employment - just so you know.

Back home around midnight - Noah straight to bed, but the rest of us aren't that smart. We stayed up a while longer. Kimberly, of course, was just getting her night started and left around 1:00 am to have some MORE fun. We didn't go to be until 2:00 am (see, we aren't old!)

I hope you made it through this extremely long post to get to the one paragraph that was funny. But, now I must go and turn on the pre-game and start making some Nachos for the game.

Can't wait to see everyone Sunday - the weather should be perfect!!!!!!!!

Scott

4 endearing comments:

Amy said...

Uncle Scott, I saw you moved the speed board. There was an officer practicing U turns on Badger road today. I thought he was following me.

Dawn Doucette said...

LOL - Amy you crack me up... maybe he was following you... he may have a thing for redheads! ;)

Great to see you on Sunday Uncle Scott! Chris is still talking about Lambo... he was just the most cuddly, adorable puppy. Thanks for bringing him to share with all of us doogle-lovers!

Hope you are having a terrific week! Love you!
Dawn

Scott Gregory said...

Amy - STOP speeding and you will have no worries! :-)
Dawn - I do have a thing for red heads-what can I say!

Amy said...

When I drove by the speed board it said 27, now when I got home Greg told me about a white light that comes on. I said, I didn't see that. So today when I drove by I saw the white light, the car behind me was doing 32. :)