Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Me and my WII

So, I've been trying to work out on a regular basis lately - going to the gym, hitting the treadmill, working on the nautilus, and doing my bender ball and Wii Fit at home. Well, I'd earned enough points on my Wii that it gave me a new yoga pose! Yeah for me! So, I click on the new pose right away because, like my daughter Audrey, I am very impatient and want everything right now! The trainer warns me that this is an advanced pose and I may want to practice the easier poses before trying this. I immediately dismiss that notion because I am sure I can do it.

I manage to get into something resembling the pose the trainer is doing, and I say, "Rita, you are awesome!" Shortly thereafter, I lost my balance and fell off the board (please feel free to laugh, you won't hurt my feelings). I regain my balance and I am contemplating getting back on to try again when the trainer guy says, "Hey! Where'd you go? I know you fell off the board." I stick my tongue out at him and get back on. I don't even attempt to get back into the correct pose, I just stand on one leg until the time runs out. After the time runs out, the trainer lets me know again that he knows I fell off the board and then tells me that I am not ready for this pose and I need to practice the beginner poses more before attempting this pose again. I have officially been reprimanded by a computer generated personal trainer.

Quite frankly, I can hardly wait to try again to see if he's gonna make some smart alec comment again, like "Ooooh hot shot, back again? Think you'll be able to stay on the board this time? Maybe you should change your name to Grace - NOT!" When I get this pose down, I'm gonna tell this guy off!

Hope y'all have a great day!
Love,
R

P.S. Let this serve as proof that nothing is too menial or silly for our family blog - anything goes.

2 endearing comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

LOL... I mean I am really LOL...

Thank you SOOOOO much for sharing that! I find it absolutely hilarious... in a good, loving sort of way. I have the "old-school" yoga DVDs and sometimes I can't bend into the triple-pretzel-balanced-on-my-pinky-finger pose that Rodney Yee recommends... but alas, the video has no idea and definitely doesn't talk back.

If I had a Wii... I think I'd take out my Wii baseball bat and knock him one where the good lord bit him!

Now that's a LOL! Thanks so much for sharing... I bet you are determined to keep up with your adorable little ball of fluff as he's non-stop play time!

Love to all!
Dawn

Brenda said...

Oh Aunt Rita- Thank you for sharing that! I giggled so loud Brian asked me "what are you reading over there." I have heard so many funny Wii Fit stories it makes want to attempt it someday. Also, good for you for working out it's good for mind and body!!