Monday, August 17, 2009

WI State Fair

As you may have already read in my comment to Dawn's Post, I went to the State Fair on Saturday. I went with a friend of mine, and her boyfriend. We enjoyed music by Madison County, The Toys, and about 5 minutes of The Now (that was all we could handle). We also enjoyed the weather and the food. For those of you that don't know Madison County, they are a country band out of, well you guessed it Madison. They actually have 3 CD's out and every now and then you can catch one of thier songs on Q106 in Madison. Did anyone else make it to the State Fair?

On Sunday I went and visited with Mom, Dad, Brenda and Ashlynn at Mom's house. And then I had the priviledge of going out and seeing the Storey Families new home. I'll let Brenda fill you in on all that when she has some time. Brenda and Brain I am soo proud of both of you!!

While visiting with Ashlynn, I did some Ashlynn aerobics, and I have to say, I am a bit sore today. I was lifting her above my head and she was smiling and giggling. What a hoot. Ashlynn is quite the entertainer.

Carissa and Jesse, are you going to be at Grandma's on Sunday? I haven't met Pyper yet. And I think it would be fun to watch Ashlynn and Pyper play. I hope to see you there.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday, have a great week!
Love,
Amy

7 endearing comments:

Julie said...

Amy, Yeah you finally blogged again. I am glad my kids did not learn my aversion to crowds. Glad you had fun at the fair and start lifting weights so you will have that upper body youneed for throwing 2 kids around. You can never start soon enough to get those biceps and pecs strengthened. Love, Mom

Dawn Doucette said...

Amy you crack me up... glad you had fun at the fair and playing with Ashlynn!

To add a P.S. to your comment about Grandma's on Sunday, we are looking forward to it as well! I am bringing Grandma's Calico Beans... so everybody get your mmmmmmmm on! :)

It's supposed to be beautiful weather too! Let's pray for a breeze to blow the mosquitos away!!! Love to all!

JenniLynn said...

Amy, thanks for sharing your fair experience. Sounds like fun. I really like country music. It makes me wanna dance. Although, so does rock, pop, jazz anything with a catchy beat.

I am so excited so many people will be there Sunday! Audrey and Rob are driving in for the day also, and I believe Diane will be there too!

Since the weather is going to be so nice, we can be spread out all over the house and yard, so the crowd factor won't be so overwhelming for you, Julie. I too can be very uncomfortable in a crowd. My mind sometimes spins and I'm not sure who to talk to or where to stand or what to say. Worried at the same time that everybody is looking at me or I'm invisible. Oh yeah, I'm high maintenance!

Anyhow.....I'm ready to get my mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm on! Always looking forward to seeing y'all, playing some cards, having great conversations, just hanging out with the people I love most.

'Til then, have a great week!
Love,
R

Julie said...

ok you see that word "youneed" well it is supposw to be "you need". I know you can figure it out but it made me laugh as I reread it and thought maybe I had toooo much coffee. Rita its the noise of crowds so I will tend to be outside where it disperses and then all is good.However fairs are loud no matter where you go. The talking part I'm good with that. Julie

Julie said...

Its me again. I'm the fruit salad for Sunday in my new silver bowl.
Julie

JenniLynn said...

Oh, I don't mind noise. Crowds just make me real nervous. No matter who or where. I'm trying to overcome, forcing myself into uncomfortable situations. Like going out with people from work, going to the gym when it's packed with people, etc. I really am high maintenance.

Dawn Doucette said...

Mom... you ARE the fruit salad... seriously. You made me laugh! How about you are BRINGING a fruit salad... :)

Aunt Rita... I REALLY dislike (because the word hate really isn't very nice) going to a crowded gym. It's hard enough to get my butt to workout at home that actually leaving the house and having to compete with the crowds for the machines I want to use... ahhh, no thank you!

I want to wish all of our out-of-towners safe travels for Sunday! Aunt Diane, Audrey & Rob... just practice your "Orange-Barrel-Slalom" and you'll be all set! It's that time of the year!

Love to all! Have a terrific day!