Friday, August 14, 2009

Food on a Stick, Animal Smells... what could it be?


Polly Want a Cracker???

Well, Aunt Rita, have you recovered from your wii-pisode with your personal trainer??? I hope you and the virtual dude are getting along better now... can't we all be friends? LOL

Yesterday Chris & I just took a day off... we've been plugging away on our computers for hours on end, months on end and just needed a break. It was a beautiful, sunny day, so we opted to give State Fair all of our un-divided attention! It was GREAT!!!!

We saw baby lambs... and they are so cute. Saw the baby goats too... I still want a goat... someday I'll have my pet goat. We ate plenty of fried food and drank our "fair" share of fresh squeezed lemonade... you should see the refillable cups this year... they have a HUGE 64 oz. gallon size. Now that's crazy. Personally, I wouldn't have wanted to carry that around all day! We of course indulged in the required cream puff and opted to skip the chocolate covered bacon.

It really was a beautiful day. We could both act like kids and people watch. Lots of Laughs and absolutely no stress! It was bliss!

Hope you get a chance over the weekend to experience bliss... be thankful for what we have!

Love to all!

Dawn

3 endearing comments:

Amy said...

Dawn,
Did you guys go to State Fair today? Bonnie and I are going tomorrow.
Amy

Dawn Doucette said...

No, we went yesterday... cream puffs were DELICIOUS this year... and lemonades... I wait all year for those! Have fun!

JenniLynn said...

"wii-pisode" that's funny! Haven't conquered the move yet, but I will. Oh yes, indeed.

State Fair sounds like fun! I haven't had a cream puff in years.

Amy, how was your visit to the fair?

Hope to see y'all on the 23rd!

Love,

Aunt Rita