Thursday, October 15, 2009

I had another one of those moments

Good Morning everyone.I have something I want to share with you all this morning. I had one of those money saving and memory moments yesterday and I can't keep it to myself. Have you ever heard of ALDI grocery store? Well I went there yesterday for the second time but the first time alone. Do you cook or maybe you microwave? Well with some training you can become an expert Aldi shopper. First you need a quarter and either debit card or green cash. The quarter will get you your cart(yes you get it back when you put your cart back). You need to take your recycled bags or green bags to bag your groceries and admire your savings again. The food is good and the prices are even better. You can be a cook or a microwaver or even just a salad and sandwich person. It is a great store for every kind of eater. So I went and got my groceries yesterday and had one of those "When I was 12 moments". I remember going with Mom to this place in Madison that sold dented canned food by the case. Mom always had her white envelope of money at home and took the cash to the dented canned store and we went shopping. We get to the store and go in pick out our cases. Mom must have paid for it because we took it to the car and loaded up and went home. Now for the fun part. When we got home we took the cases to the basement where the pantry was waiting. I loved unpacking the boxes and arranging them on the shelves. I got that feeling as I walked through the store as I saw the food displayed on pallets and not white shelves. FYI: Aldi is not like the case selling warehouse but it does save you money with quality food. Now the moral of the story is: You never know what life skills you will gain by arranging canned goods on a shelf. Organization is Priceless.
Have a great day and organize a drawer. Julie

3 endearing comments:

~kelly :) said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....GREAT POST, Julie@!!!! Yes, so very important to be prepared at all times! You really never know when your life skills and experiences will come in handy, do you???? (I think Nick is probably having SOME of the same thoughts as you were, as he started a job at Pick and Save in Bayshore this week!!) I am glad this is the last thing I will be reading before I go to bed. I will fall asleep with a great big grin on my face...thanks for that!! ~k

Dawn Doucette said...

Yes, but the question remains...

"Did you get in the correct side of the car after saving all that green?"

LOL... I know, it's a Dawn thing... or maybe a Rita thing... but it's never been a Julie thing! :)

All those organizing skills will come in handy... if you could only teach Ashlynn the same level for organizing your cabinets after she empties the pantry. LOL

Love you! Have a wonderful day!

JenniLynn said...

Apparently, tendencies toward organization are a learned thing not inherited. If they are inherited - I totally missed the boat on that one! That is evidenced by the disarray in my cupboards, my "filing" system in the office, my inability to get birthday cards (or cards of any sort) out on a timely basis. . . That list just goes on and on.

Thanks for sharing the story. I can picture you emptying those boxes and feel the sense of accomplishment as you admired your good work. Makes me smile and warms my heart.

Have a GREAT Day :)
Love,
R