Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ompa!

I am soo sore. I just had yet again another surgery this past Wednesday the 18th. They did a scar revision on all my facial and neck scar tissue. They also re-broke my jaw to allign it better, and inserted another 2 plates. The total count now is 9 plates and 34 screws. My jaw is wired shut yet again for another 6 weeks and is a lot tighter this time. It truly is a pure-liquid diet this time. This unfortunately means no delicious turkey dinner or no christmas food from the Reindl Family Feast. Well, I just thought I would keep you updated!

3 endearing comments:

~kelly :) said...

Hi Casey!

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through more surgeries to help make things better from your accident. I can't even imagine what you are going through, however, I DID think, "well, at least she can still type on the computer! :) " Because IF it was ME, I sure would have a tough time not being able to keep in touch on here!

As far as the fabulous Christmas foods you'll miss, let's all be thankful for freezers this Thanksgiving...we can freeze you a few plates of food, and when you are "free", you can at least have a feast of your own :) (I will probably do the same, you know, so you don't have to feast alone! I'll call you on the day I eat :)

Just know that I'm thinking about you and hoping that your recovery is a quick one. I know you are strong enough to get through all of this, and no doubt, Dylan is a fabulous motivator to get better! Blessings to you both,

~Kelly

JenniLynn said...

Ditto on what Kelly said! Sounds like a great way to avoid putting on those Holiday pounds. Maybe a bit extreme for the average person, however.

Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Aunt Rita

Julie said...

Hi Casey, So I hope today is a better day and the gloom of our sky doesn't make you hurt worse. So have you ordered a turkey shake for Thanksgiving. I know you will have a great Thankful day even with the wired jaw. You have so many things to be thankful for and I know you will have a great day.
Stay strong and you will be better in no time. Julie