Friday, May 14, 2010

Why Do You Dislike Crocs?


Ok so I am on a mission. I know how much some people hate Crocs and I want to give a different perspective on the much despised shoe. I for one Love Crocs. Why you ask, well for a very good reason. I have some bad lumpy feet and they are like manna from heaven for my feet. I'm sure most have noticed I don't wear shoes with heels or even wedges. Well I can't so I wear my sneakers and Crocs and slippers. For Mothers Day I got a new pair of Crocs from Greg and I'm not sure he knows how much it made my day when they arrived last evening after a day of chasing the kids. I put them on my feet and it brought a tear to my eyes that he cared enough to get me some comfort even though it is not super stylish. So when you see someone wearing crocs and feel the urge to frown at them remember for some people they are a priceless gift that make mobility possible. I am now struggling with what shoes to get for the event of the summer(at least in my book) Audrey and Rob's wedding. It is my mission for the summer to get the right shoe for comfort and maybe even a little style or color. Whatever I find I'm sure I will have fun looking.
Thanks for reading my trivial post and I hope all Mom's and childcare givers had a great Mother's Day weekend, I know I did. Enjoy the sun and have a good weekend. Julie

4 endearing comments:

JenniLynn said...

I don't hate Crocs; they're just not my style. That shouldn't surprise you, though. When it comes to shoes, I don't think we've ever worn the same style. I am so happy that they bring you so much comfort, and God Bless Greg for getting you a new pair.

As for the "main event," you should buy a black pair and use spray glitter to sparkle them up for the day. I think that eventually that glitter will wear off, or you can wash it off, and then you'll have an extra pair of Crocs. I do love to have my favorite shoe in every color :)

Have a GREAT Weekend!

Love,
R

Julie said...

Oh Rita thanks for the giggle. I have crocs in Navy, Red, Pink, Grey and maybe one more pair i forgot the color of my first pair. Thanks again and have a great weekend. I will not loose sleep over my shoes anymore since now everyone knows I am no longer the trend setter I was in high school.
Julie

Dawn Doucette said...

Better yet... let Dawn Bedazzle a pair of black crocs for you! Then you can really cut some rug! ;) I think I have the perfect solution! :)

Love you!
me

JenniLynn said...

That's so funny, Dawn! That's what Scott - bedazzle them! Oh, great and crfazy minds think alike :)