Thursday, July 8, 2010

Overwhelmed with gratitude and It was a great day!

It's almost 11:00 and I'm going to bed soon. We've been up since 4 am and it was a kind of long day. But before I turn in I wanted to say thank you to everyone for their prayers, thoughts, love and support. It is overwhelming when I read the posts, my emails and talk to people. Their are so many people saying prayers and I know God hears them all. He gave us a great outcome today. The surgery went well. It took about 2 hours and then 1 hour of recovery before we could see Bill. When we got to his room, he was already feeling pretty good. He talked to Dad, Rita and I without even napping. I picked up Lexi and brought her back down. Then in the evening, Mike and Pam came up and Bill stayed up and talked to them until about 9 o'clock. While they were there, he ate tomato soup, bread and lime sherbert without any problems. He also was quite a smart alec all day. That's how I really know he's feeling better :). After Mike & Pam left, he went for a walk down the hall. Then the nurse came and stopped the IV. She said he is the best post op patient ever. I can't tell you how great it feels to see him feeling better. It's really quite overwhelming, in a good way! Lexi and I left around 9:45 so he can get some sleep. I know all of us will be sleeping with a smile on our faces tonight! We so appreciate all of the prayers. They mean so much to us. Please keep it up as we continue on this journey. Next Wednesday we are going down to the Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Zion, IL. We will meet with their doctors as well as their nutritionist and naturopathic doctor. I'm sure the treatment will involve some aggressive chemo but they will also work with us on helping the body heal itself. We are optomistic that with medicine, nutrition, positive attitude and, most of all, prayer we can beat this. Thank you all again and God Bless each and every one of you. We love you! Good night.

2 endearing comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

There's so much wonderful news and love in this post it makes me weepy. I'm so happy the surgery has provided some relief and more importantly that Bill's humor and wit is in full force. He'll keep those nurses on their toes - for sure!

I hope your trip to IL is helpful, informative and gives you a good path to travel down for this next leg of our journey. We're always behind you - supporting you, praying for you and helping whenever you need us!

Much love to all of you!
{Hugs & Kisses}
Dawn

Diane said...

Amen to what Dawn said. I will continue to send prayers to our awesome God. I'm so glad to hear you're meeting with the nutritionist and naturophathic doctors but I tell you what, attitude can make a huge difference. So good to know Bill's is on track. It is God's will that he return to 100% health and it sure sounds like Bill is doing his part to have God's will happen.
Love ya!
Diane