Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Homecoming

WOW the almost impossible is going to happen. No I'm not going to loose 100 lbs because without amputation that is impossible. Way back on March 4th my dear neighbor Virginia was taken to the hospital with pneumonia. She is 83 and was very sick. She was put in a medical coma for 3 weeks and had many very strong antibiotics and a few very precarious surgeries. Well she kept on fighting. She had recently lost her husband to cancer and was determined for the first time in 63 years to be independent and make all decisions without having to as anyone. Yes she is independent and I had thought she was very strong. Well she had all new windows put in her house and got sick before she could wash them. She was determined to get home to wash those windows she picked out and had installed by herself. To make a long story short, Virginia called me from the rehab center this morning and she is coming home next week. I will have my friend back home and all will be well on 2nd Ave again. Wow how awesome is the power of prayer and faith combined with the wisdom and stubborness of a fiesty silver haired woman?
From her bed at the rehab home she had her daughter-in-law go shopping for the gift she was going shopping for on the day she was admitted to the hospital March 4th. She was shopping for a wedding gift for Brenda. Hooray for Virginia, We love you Julie

4 endearing comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

Yeah!!! If she wasn't diabetic, I'd say we welcome her home with cookies & milk... but maybe a loaf of homemade bread is better. Or should I whip up a batch of the rhubarb cookies with my last clipping of rhubarb for the season?!?!

That's such good news. She needed a miracle and her angel arrived! God Bless her miracle!

Brenda said...

I can honestly say I got goosebumps and grins when I heard the news today. She is a strong woman and has a life not yet finished. Two thumbs up for her strength and determination. Just think, now you will get your giggles with all the 2nd Ave stories. :)

~kelly :) said...

Hi Julie,

Thanks for sharing your news about Virginia! We've heard about her ever since you moved to Elkhorn and I know she is an important part of your extended family :) You have to love her spirit and drive to want to come back home and watch the Doucette family for awhile longer!! (I know that's what would keep ME going!!!)

love to you all,
~kelly

JenniLynn said...

Well, I don't think anybody can spend as much time around Julie as Virginia did and not have that "fighting spirit" rub off on her.

Thanks so much for sharing the good news. I pray she have many healthy years ahead and you guys have a chance to create many more memories together. I admire her spirit and strength and your friendship.

Have an especially great day!
Love,
R