Friday, December 4, 2009

Family Christmas Menu Updates

Good Morning Everybody! So who woke up to a blanket of white this morning? (Bridget if you say you did, I'll think Justin lead the troops right to the flour cannister to "decorate" for the holidays!) :) We had just a dusting here, but it looked like the Madison area got several inches. Regardless, it's cold as the dickens everywhere.

I wanted to re-post the Christmas menu so it's fresh. This is the most updated version as of this morning. I'll keep an eye on the previous post and update in both places. I just wanted to make sure if people have the blog bookmarked in their computer that they don't have to hunt to find the posting about the X-mas menu. So here it is in all it's glory!

Turkey - Aunt Mae & Uncle Doug - and it's a really big bird! 24+ lbs!
Ham - Mom a.k.a. Grandma to some of us! :)
Potatoes, mashed - The Merfeld Family
Potatoes, cheesy - Uncle Vince
Turkey Gravy - Aunt Mae & Uncle Doug
Stuffing -
Green Bean Casserole - Griepentrog Family
Corn - Dawn - I'll make Aunt Noreen's Corn Casserole from the Family cookbook!
Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole - Monica & Bill Tennie
Candied Yams -
Uncle Vince
Relish Tray & Dip - Audrey (with Noah's help)
Vegetables Vinaigrette - Amber & Matthew Fisher
Dessert (specify).............. ???

Bread/Rolls - Casey & Dylan
Butter - Storey Family
Coffee Creamer - Storey Family
Coffee - Amber & Matthew Fisher
Milk -
Appetizers -
Taco Dip - Rita - Thank you oodles & oodles! :)
Appetizer Surprise - Aunt Diane
Little Wieners/Little Smokies -
Meatballs -
Fudge - Amy & Greg
Ooy, Gooey Homemade Caramels - Diane -Thank you!
Double Fudge Brownies - Monica & Bill


Please leave a comment with which dish you wish to share. We'll update the post when we get new items. You are welcome to bring something not on the menu of course. Just let us know and we'll add in your a la carte dish! We always have a wonderful gathering and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Thank you in advance to everybody for spending time over your busy Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to put together a special dish for the family to share!

Much love to all! XOXO,
Dawn

P.S. With all the traditional Christmas Eve & Day dinners... who's up for doing Pizza? I'm just sayin... :)

8 endearing comments:

Diane said...

I'll be bringing caramels for sure. Along with a surprise appetizer.

Dawn Doucette said...

Oh yummy! Thank you so much Aunt Diane! I'm still hearing rave reviews from last year. Mom brought me one home to eat when I felt better... and it was AWESOME!

Can't wait to see you! Hope you stay warm in the meantime... it seems like winter has jumped up out of nowhere! Love you!

Amber said...

testing, testing

Amber said...

Yay!
It has taken a while, but I am finally here. :)
Now I have to get a picture uploaded.
It won't be better than my Mom's, though. ;)
So, Matthew and I would like to bring Vegetables Vinegrette, as well as coffee.
How much coffee do we bring?
Does someone else bring all the necessary brewing technology?

Dawn Doucette said...

Hi Amber! Welcome to Blogland! :) Your test worked, so glad you could get in!

Vegetables Vinegrette sounds wonderful. I'll mark you and Matthew down for that! Feel free to share any other thought, pictures funny stories on here now that you have access. We'd love to hear what you darlings have been up to over the last year!

Love you lots! Have safe travels when you guys head down for the holiday!

Dawn

Dawn Doucette said...

P.S. I do believe the hall has a big percolator coffee pot. The how much question... I'm hoping one of our more "seasoned vetrans" can lend some knowledge in that area! Love you!

Audrey said...

I would love to bring the Relish tray and dip. I'll have Noah help me put it together ;).

Dawn Doucette said...

Thanks Audrey! I'll update the menu momentarily here! Hope you guys fared okay in the blizzard that roared through here yesterday!

Looking forward to seeing you and Rob at Christmas! Safe travels to you! ♥