Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 4 - Monday, Oct. 25, 2010

WOW, what a day. As we were just walking back to our room at 11:30 pm, I asked what Noah had for breakfast forgetting that he and I had a breakfast sandwich - thinking that was yesterday.

My day started at 7:00 am with my first class at 8:00 am. Today I attended; "Strategic Planning - Successful Implementation for the Smaller Agency", "What's Twitter? Do You Need Facebook? What Police Agencies Are Doing Using Social Media", and "Background Investigations: A Key Part of Hiring But Are We Doing Them Legally?"
Noah and Rita hooked up with Jeff, Marcy and Rachel and spent some time at Magic Kingdom today. I was not there, because I had to work and Rita is almost asleep already, so hopefully she can fill you in on their day today our last "wrap up" post after we get home. If Jeff or Marcy checks out the blog, maybe they can add to it too.
They arrived back at the hotel at about 6:40 pm, we then stood in line for our buses to take us to Universal. Our hotel had 10 coach style buses - the conference has 11 hotels. We arrived at Universal at about 7:15 pm. It was very cool, the buses dropped us off in the back so we got in the park right away. Some, but not all of the restaurants were open with a limited menu (all the food you can eat at no charge). They had beer and wine stations set up all over the place, all the beer, wine, bottled water and soda you can drink at no charge. Not all the rides/shows were open, but I don't think we would have had time to get to everything in 4 hours anyway. They really treated us (and about 15,000 other people) right.
Our bus left at 11:07 pm and we were back here at 11:30. And now, we are back to the beginning of my blog. Writers call that something, but I don't know what it is. I will be asleep 5 minutes after I hit "Publish Post". Sorry for any errors, this post had to go out without my editor's review.




3 endearing comments:

Julie said...

Well Scott you will need a vacation when you get home. Thanks for the daily posts I will miss them when you get home. Hope you have a safe trip home it is REALLY windy here this morning. Julie

Julie said...

Ok so you weren't flying home today so now I look stupid. I will drink a cup of coffee and reread all your posts and then retake the test. Julie

Amy said...

Mmmm..... Is that a Turkey Leg Uncle Jeff is eating. Yes, like my sister I love FOOD! Uncle Scott, thank you for sharing your adventures with us, it has been fun traveling with you on this vacation. Your classes actually sound interesting. I was actually listening to my police scanner this morning. With all the high wind there have been power outages, which means stop lights stop working, and well, you know what happens from there..... Enjoy the rest of your trip and have a safe trip back to WI.