Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 6 - Wednesday, Oct. 27, 2010

With a little (no a lot of) saddnes I must report this is our last blog from sunny Florida. Wednesday is here and it is our last full day in Orlando. I went to part of one class today – I read the time wrong and had to leave early, my class was “Developing a Line-of-Duty Death PIO Protocol”.

Today we went to Sea World. We took a shuttle from the hotel to Sea World and arrived there 10 minutes or less later. Sea World is a blast. Noah loved the Journey to Atlantis ride. First time was no wait, second time we rode it later in the afternoon the sign said we had a 30 minute wait; 10 minutes later we were boarded and ready to go. Noah and Rita were in the front row and got soaked. Ha Ha, they were wet for the rest of the day!

Rita and I went on the roller coaster Kraken and had a great time. We also rode the new coaster Manta twice. Neither time had a wait, hopped right on the ride. That is SO much fun! We also watched the Sea Lion & Otter Stadium show, Dolphin show and Shamu. Shamu was a little disappointing; they don’t have the trainers swimming with the whales anymore. The show was still a lot of fun, but…..

We also ate at the Sharks Underwater Grill. This is the high-end restaurant at Sea World. Last time we were here (6 years ago I think) I really wanted to go but it wasn’t in our budget. This time around I planned it out! The food was just great and the service was outstanding!

We walked out at 6:00 pm or so and saw an I-Ride heading our way. On we went, it got packed at the next stop and we were off the bus 10 minutes later and back in the room ordering some food from Flippers. None of us wanted to anyplace, didn’t want to eat at the hotel restaurant because the service sucked so bad.

Noah and I went for our last night swim in the pool and Rita hit they bed and fell asleep very quickly I assume. Noah and I were back in the room about 10:10 pm and I plan on being asleep by 11:00 pm tonight. And for those of you asking, "Yes"; Noah did his homework. Now for a couple of photos....Sorry, we have everything packed up and Rita is sleeping and darned if I am gonig to wake her up to try and find the camera - sorry gang. But, check our Facebook pages for photos late this weekend. I will try to send out a wrap up blog Thursday evening - if our house is still standing.

Scott

1 endearing comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

Awww, safe travels back to the land of Wind and Cheese... in that order after the last two day.

Look on the bright side... you're not the last house on the block so you won't have to rake the entire neighborhood's leaves..... they all just blew on by!

So glad you had a wonderful trip! I have to go back and read the last few days as I had a continuing education class I had to attend to renew my real estate license. So I'll look forward to pictures in those posts!

Safe travels! Love ya!
Dawn