Friday, December 10, 2010

GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS

I called Mom today and she said "I was just going to call you". That happens often to us but today we were both very blessed to share a tear and a laugh. She told me Uncle Norb passed away this morning. He was in hospice and was medicated to comfort at the end, may he run with the wind and rest in peace. I asked her if Uncle Norb liked dogs, and she said oh yes. Well I guess Uncle Norb and Riley get to meet again today in heaven, as I had Riley put to rest this morning. I think they will make a great team.
Mom said arrangements for Norb will be forthcoming so stay tuned for details.
I find great comfort in how life works sometimes.
See you all on the 18th.
Kuli
UPDATE: Here are Uncle Norbs funeral arrangements. http://www.ellestadfuneralhome.com/ Go to Mount Horeb funeral home and you can find his obit there. Funeral is Wed 11:00am with the visitation Tuesday beginning at 3:00. Mom needs all the support we can send her way. She sounded quite down yesterday. So if you can't get to the visitation call her or send her a letter but I know she would love to get a little extra love right now.

6 endearing comments:

Monica and Bill said...

Julie, So sorry to hear about Riley. I'm sure he is running free in heaven now. I know it's tough to lose a pet that you love so much. I will keep you in my prayers and send love up to Riley too.

Audrey said...

So Sorry to hear about Riley! I am dreading the day when Maggie and Huntington leave us. It will be so hard. Hey maybe him and reggie will get together up there :)

Audrey said...

Now I want to watch Marley and me even though I cry EVERY time. The love we have for our dogs is so great!

Diane said...

Sorry to hear about Riley. I'll keep you in my heart as you get through this - and you will. Sending you love over the miles.

~kelly :) said...

Dear Julie and the rest of Riley's family,

I'm very sorry to hear the news about Riley. I had no idea that his health was that bad:( I have no doubt that Max and Reggie are keeping him company, and showing him the best fire hydrants in Heaven (although Max never did learn how to lift his leg! lol I think it was the hip problems he had!) Well, there...that should keep Riley busy for a little while teaching Max about that. I have not been online much over the past weeks, so I had no idea until today that you had to guide Riley toward's his next place. We all know that's not an easy decision to make, but no doubt it's the ultimate act of your love for him...and in their own way, I believe they know that.

We still miss Max very, very much and we keep talking about him and keeping him very alive in our memories. No doubt, you will do the same...and no doubt, Riley will keep you in his heart as well. Dogs...their only job on earth is to make US happy. You gotta love 'em for that...

my thoughts are with you,
xo, ~kelly

JenniLynn said...

Just an FYI - I talked to Dad,and he said they are going to the visitation before 3 tonight, but probably not staying long 'cuz they want to be home before it gets too dark. So, if you're planning on the visitation, I just wanted to fill you in on that. Scott and I are going to the funeral tomorrow. So, if you're going to that - I'll see you there.

Love,
R