Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Insomnia strikes again!

Greetings again from the middle of the night...so much to think about at this time of year, and then with all that's going on around this family, and babies and cookbooks coming out (or is that cookbooks and BABIES coming out?!) Well, either way, all of the news has been positively wonderful to hear...thanks for sharing!

I am hoping that everyone is getting back to Jeff with their Christmas ideas, etc. I'm sure it is difficult to plan from that far away but I have assured him (back me up on this, Jeff!) that ALL of his siblings have been through the planning process once now and can give you all the advice you will ever need!! Truly, I wish I would have started a "manual" but I figure if I get started on it now, I'll have it done by the time it's OUR turn again :)

I guess I am happy to report that we have NO baby news at our house...lolololol! Whew...Joey would LOVE to be a big brother but I have told him in no possible way will there be a present like THAT under his Christmas tree this year...nor next year...and definitely not even the year after that! Nick and Josh are quite busy getting projects finished up at UW-Milwaukee and studying for finals (which start this weekend.) I'll be picking them up on Friday, Dec. 21st and then...the FESTIVITIES begin that night at Dad and Ginny's and continue right up until we see you all on the 29th! Meaghan is busy with getting the Sun Prairie high school yearbook ready for printing and we just ordered her graduation announcements, etc....honest to God, I cried filling out the paperwork...I do not like this part about my children leaving the nest! Anyway, she has been accepted to UW-Milwaukee also, so next September, 2008 I will have THREE children at college...the SAME college. I NEVER thought THAT would happen! Meaghan has said she can't imagine life without her brothers so I am pleased that they all still continue to be close and like each other and actually still want to see each other on a regular basis. And Joey, Joey is busy with piano lessons (another musician in the family!) and he is particularly enjoying the bowling league he is on! He just had his highest game, 135, during a City Tournament this past Sunday at Dream Lanes in Madison...that was 69 points over his average! (I'm sorry if that sounded like bragging but I just have to tell SOMEONE!)

Vince has been busy with work, and with working on the O'Connell family cookbook and I hope you all remembered to order yours. I ordered one for each of my kids thinking they would make great wedding shower gifts, yeah, like I'm going to be able to find them when THAT time comes!! I have been really busy with work, and especially the Hallmark job really kicks into high gear this time of year. I am the retail merchandiser for Hallmark at our Sun Prairie Wal-Mart and WOW, let me tell you, being in retail this time of year is NUTS!! I just want to scream to people, "slow down, enjoy the season, remember what it's REALLY about!" (But I don't because I NEED the job!) But really, it's just not about all the buying of stuff and the stressing out that they stood in line for a Wi system and only two came in on the truck...seriously, you do not want to KNOW what the THIRD person in line said to all of us! People...human nature...it's just so interesting to watch, don't you think?

Well, I think that's enough mindless rambling for now. Please keep my Aunt Ruthie in your prayers as she is recovering today from breast cancer surgery and she is truly the glue on my dad's side of the family. If you haven't been fortunate enough to meet her at one of our graduation parties, she is just the warmest, most kindest person and now, she is also my hero. She truly is one that takes lemons and makes lemonade. Lots of love to you all...and I MEAN it... :)

2 endearing comments:

Julie said...

I will send my prayers Aunt Ruthie's direction and wish her a rapid and successful recovery. We are very excited to be getting our own little pipsqueak to spoil and appreciate your kind words. Good luck with all your Christmas traditions and enjoy every memory you make. Julie

Dawn Doucette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.