Friday, December 7, 2007

Our New Addition!


Good evening Everyone! ( or maybe morning by the time your reading this)


I wanted to take a minute (while I have a minute) to share with you the exciting news that has been brewing down here in Elkhorn. Mom and Dad Doucette are also going to be Grandma and Grandpa Doucette! :) My boyfriend Brian and I are expecting- yes expecting a baby! I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and way excited about it. I found out about 4 weeks ago but wanted to get past any "miscarriage zone" before I shared with everyone! I had an ultrasound today and everything looked wonderful! The baby is about an inch and a half big and kind of looks likes a cocktail shrimp (just giving you that mental picture!) I have begun to get that baby bump and the smell of coffee makes me wanna vomit. However milk has been a god-send. I can't seem to get enough of it. In the past week and a half Amy and I went through 2 gal of milk! Crazy huh! Brian and his family are equally as excited. I think he's told twice as many people as I have! I will be bringing him to Christmas with me so feel free to interrogate him then. ;) I can't wait to see you all and I hope your holidays have been as blessed as mine.


Love From-

Brenda


4 endearing comments:

Scott Gregory said...

WOW!! Congratulations Brenda and Brian! I’ll be honest; I didn’t even know Brenda had a boyfriend! But, I am an uncle that lives over 1 hour away – why would I know? It has taken me a few days to know what to post – to be honest; I was in shock and awe. I can’t wait unit Christmas to grill Brian and you. Tell us (at least me) what is going on (future not past – I know how that works!) At least give me the scoop on Brian.

~kelly :) said...

Hi Brenda! You have certainly taught ME a lesson in checking the family blog a little more often! Gosh, you could have HAD your little "shrimp" before I would have known about your impending news!! You sound very excited and I am elated for you. Being a mom is the BEST, GREATEST and MOST FUN part about my life. Not a day goes by that I am not extremely grateful for Nick, Josh, Meaghan and Joey...and I'm sure you will be the same way with your own little one. You have had a FABULOUS role model in your own mom, so already this little one is a lucky, lucky person. I can't wait to see you at Christmas! lots of love to you all,

JenniLynn said...

My little Bren is having a baby? You never know what God will bring your way. This will be one lucky little baby. With you for a mom, Julie and Ed for grandparents, Dawn, Amy and Greg for aunts and uncle...not to mention all of the rest of us, he/she will never be without all the love and support and excitement possible. I can't wait to see you at the Christmas party and meet Brian. Until then, know I love you and I am happ for you.

Love,
Aunt Rita

Grip KT said...

Brenda,

Such exciting news! Pregnancy is such a wonderful and sometimes not so wonderful experience that goes by all to fast. When was pregnant I had so much fun visiting all the websites, but my favorite was www.babycenter.com.

Hope you are doing well and looking forward to seeing you at Christmas.

Katie