Friday, November 16, 2007

Finally!

Ok Scott, I'm going to figure this out. I have thought many times about things I wanted to put on the blog but it was usually at an extremely inconvenient time and then I just never did it. But now I am going to post something before we leave on vacation.
We have had many great blessings in our life lately and have been very busy. We opened our office in Mequon in October. It is so awesome to have my office close to my house. And our office is really cool. We can even open the windows for fresh air. I've never had an office where I could do that.
We also bought a car because our Mazda 626 can only go shortish distances (like 60 or 70 miles round trip) without overheating. I guess at 148,000 miles that sort of thing happens. That makes it a great car for the girls when they can finally drive. Lexi is doing behind the wheel now and will probably take her test in Feb or March - oh boy! She is actually a very good driver, I'm just a nervous freak about cars. I try hard to keep my thoughts to myself and Bill usually takes her driving, which is a win - win for all. Katie hasn't taken any classes or anything yet, so we don't know when she'll be driving. Anyhow, we bought a 2007 red Cadillac CTS. It was a great deal because they had priced it at 35,000 miles but it only has 22,000 miles. It has 35000 kilometers and apparently they didn't realize that. Good for us. I really like it because it has heated seats - yeah!!!
Lexi's High School Football team is at the state tournament right now. Go Homestead! Lexi is there watching. How fun!
Bill and I leave for Florida tomorrow. We are very much looking forward to the warm weather, the beach and breakfast at Reeses. I'll get really brave when we get back and see if I can figure out how to post pictures. Wow, that's progress!
I am also excited because I got a "Complaint Free World" bracelet and I am trying to go 21 days without complaining, criticizing or gossiping. I'm still on day 1 again. Maybe I can get to at least day 2 on vacation. I'm usually pretty relaxed down there. We'll see.
Well I better go pack. We have to get up around 4 am tomorrow.
Have a great Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all of you! We are blessed to be part of such an incredible family. Love to all of you!

2 endearing comments:

JenniLynn said...

I sometimes feel like your Mazda - go short distances then I overheat. We were at the DeForest game at Camp Randall today and played right before Homestead. It never occurred to me that Lexi's school is Homestead, or I would have tried to find her.

Have a great vacation and let me know how the complaining goes. I do believe I will strive to accomplish that goal also.

Love you Tons,
R

Julie said...

I am so glad to see your entry. I look forward to sharing my coffee with your family stories. Have a Great Thanksgiving.