Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanks for the Memory

Greetings, greetings one and all!

I have to first compliment Noah on his make-up application! It reminds me of the first time Meaghan learned from Maddy McGann how to apply foundation! Yikers!!

Second, congrads on the folks with the brand new cars! How exciting is THAT?!! I can remember being in Tupperware, MANY years ago, and starting out as a new manager...waiting to qualify for that new van. It was especially exciting because at that time, we had Nick and Josh (they were two and one, respectively) and Vince and I only had one vehicle....your parents' old station wagon! That's right...we were 29 years old and already driving a wagon. Boy, did we get a lot of grief about THAT! I used to drive Vince to work in Arlington, every single morning, with the boys in their sleeper/jammies and me in my fuzzy slippers and whatever I could find that fit! I'd do Tupperware and errands all day long and then drive back up to Arlington to pick Vince up at the end of the day. (Hopefully by then, the boys were NOT in their jammies!)

Anyway, your posts about your new cars really took me back to the day that my brand new free van was finally earned and DELIVERED to our house. There we were, me in my fuzzy slippers, Nick in his jammies and a bucket on his head and Josh in his jammies with cowboy boots on...and the knock was at the door....and the new van was in the driveway!! Oh my gosh, I cannot tell you the THRILL of that very moment! Not having to drive Vince to Arlington anymore, having our OWN car to drive with free insurance and tires and no car payment, but especially, just the thought of getting to drive something BRAND NEW...

I loaded the boys up in the van, and off we went...

I had waited for this moment for months and months...

and we drive downtown Sun Prairie, R E A L s l o w past the Bank of Sun Prairie and the MIRRORED windows...and we all three yelled,

"LOOK AT US, LOOK AT US!!"

Monica and Rita, ENJOY the moment...relish in the new car smell...pat your backs on your accomplishments...and drive past the bank when you're in Sun Prairie! You deserve it!

thanks for the memory...

3 endearing comments:

JenniLynn said...

Oh my gosh, Kelly! That is soooo funny. Because when we were taking cars for test drives, I really wanted to drive past the bank so I could see how I looked in the car to help me decide which one to buy. Yes, that is my primary priority. Not really.

Also, I have no idea how you remember so many details about stuff. I seriously cannot remember even the basic event much less any details. I love that about you!

I hope you and your family have a GREAT Thanksgiving!! I will raise a toast to you all because I am very grateful to call you family and friend.

Love,
R

Julie said...

Kelly I can't begin to tell you how warm your story made me feel. We all have so many blessings and you are one of mine. You make me feel normal even when I am gaga over my dog and I know I'm over the top there. Have a great Thanksgiving and I can't wait to share more happy stories over the holidays. Julie
PS they have new car air freshners at Wal-Mart I bought one once.

Scott Gregory said...

Kelly - wasn't that just last week when Nick had the bucket on his head and Josh had cowboy boots when he was wearing his PJ's? That college thing really takes you back!!
Love you all,

Scott