Thursday, May 1, 2008

Life at the Merfeld's


Well Hello everyone, I thought i would let everybody know we are alive and well. Life has been a little crazy here at our house, Jesse is partnering with his Dad this year and bailing hay, corn stalks, straw and anything else imaginable, which means he is not home a lot, it dose give Diesel and I some time to hang out and enjoy the new house. The yard is still a mess and has no

grass:( but i am trying to make progress by finishing little details like building shutters and installing my back splash in my kitchen. Work has also been busy as we are now looking for a new framer because Ellen is moving to Florida:( we are going to miss her. Calving season is almost done, with only loss of a couple due to cold weather and now we also have sheep. After the long building process Jesse and I took a long deserved vacation to the Dominican, it was incredible. Hope everyone is doing well and Happy Spring

3 endearing comments:

Amy said...

Carissa,
Glad to hear you are doing well. The house is gorgeous!! One of these weekends I should get directions and come see it. Are you coming down for Brenda's shower on the 17th? You should post some pictures from the Dominican, I would love to see them.
Amy

Julie said...

Carissa it was good to hear from you. Are you really starting a farm? I thought you were just living in the country, guess I should listen more as I'm sure you talked about farming as you were building the house. I relly enjoy hearing from you. Love, Aunt Julie

Brenda said...

Carissa you're house looks so nice! What a great reward for the many many many hours you two put into it. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the new house!