Saturday, August 16, 2008

FUN DAY


Here is one of the best feelings a parent can have. When your children succeed, in anything big or small. You get to share in the success with a feeling of heart bursting pride. I have been blessed to share in many of these moments with my children, but yesterday I had a double dip of pride as I watched(during my many breaks) Dawn and Amy apply new life to the walls of the condo Amy purchased on Friday morning. This has been years in the making with Dawn showing Amy houses in Delavan, Elkhorn and the surrounding area. Then Amy moves with a new job and begins again with a new realtor. She has finally found a warm homy feeling condo to call her own. I think the warmth of Grandma and Grandpas combined with the coziness of a warm fire on a snowy evening took her to the point of decision. They both had much to be proud of and I soaked it all in as I listened to conversation and heard the confidence they had in each other and the pride Dawn had of Amy making this decision and finally seeing the fruits of both of their labor pay off. I will not be painting today I have to rest up for Sunday and Monday as I get my grand baby while Brenda works Monday morning(more heart bursting pride). Today Greg and Ed along with Amy and Dawn will be painting. I'm sure it will be a day of work and laughs.

5 endearing comments:

Brenda said...

Yay! I can't wait to come and see it! I'm so excited for you Amy!

Love, Bren

~kelly :) said...

I have become my mother after all! The first thing I could think of was, "Dawn, you are NOT to stand on top of the counter with BARE feet!!!"

Sheesh, after that though, I am VERY proud of you Amy and think it's awesome that you have bought your first home! I can't wait for the housewarming party!!

(We STILL have not had one, and it's been 5 years for us, so don't feel like you have to rush! lolol)

love you,
~kelly

Dawn Doucette said...

Hey Aunt Kelly,
At least you didn't comment about my "buns!" :)

But let's admire the beautiful cutting in I'm doing along the ceiling... really, it's a spectacular home. We made it warm and cozy with a southwest or mediterranean feel. You'll love it!

Love to all!
Dawn

cmj farms said...

I am so happy for you Amy, such a sense of accomplisment to buy your own home:) If you need any help you have a cousin that is a Designer:):):)

Amy said...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I am moved in and working on unpacking everything. Thank you to Nick and Uncle Vince for helping unload the truck, and arranging my living room.

Thank you Dawn for picking out the paint colors and doing all that wonderful cutting in.

Carissa let me know when you have some free time to come see the place. I would love to hear your ideas.
Love to you all!
Amy