Sunday, August 31, 2008

UW-Milwaukee Bound!!



Greetings one and all!


Well, the day has finally come and my three "peas in a pod" are off to UW-Milwaukee to pursue their separate dreams...*sniff, sniff* for me and HIP HIP HOORAY for them!!


Meaghan has already spent a few nights there although I'm not sure how much sleep she has gotten! She has a single room and only has to share her bathroom with three other girls. The dorm she is in, Sandburg Hall, is truly like staying in a hotel. There is a coffee shop, movie theatre, fabulous laundry facilities (where the machine actually EMAILS you when your load is done!!), a late night restaurant, a fitness center AND even a convenience store (that Nick works at)! Her cafeteria is also in there, not to mention a few computer centers, so she honestly NEVER has to leave...


well, I guess except to go to classes!


I should go back to college, or at least be an ambassador for UW-Milwaukee!


Nick and Josh will be moving into their house tomorrow. Meaghan is anxiously awaiting their arrival as she never, ever planned on being there by herself. It was terribly hard to say goodbye to her because always, in MY mind, I pictured a brother on either side of her when we dropped her off...and they couldn't move into their place until September 1st...so we only had Meaghan to say farewell to. She said she is not going outside until they come, and I believe her!!


The boys' place is very, very cool. They are living 1-1/2 blocks from campus in the 2nd and 3rd stories of a nicely kept home. (Thank goodness!) On BOTH floors, there is a kitchen, large bathroom, TWO bedrooms, living room and some extra living space...the floors are connected by a spiral staircase in one living room and then there's also a stairwell in the back part of the house for when you just want to walk up normally! They also have off-street parking and in case you can't tell, I LOVE this place! We are hoping that they can live there until each one graduates, which should be at least four years IF they decide to stay in Milwaukee (or in school!) As I have learned with my own life, it's fun to explore and try all sorts of things...it's not always about the destination, but it IS about the journey.


And Josh has taught me that all who wander are not lost...


Here are their email addresses, in case you want to drop them a line: Meaghan
(mkreindl@uwm.edu), Josh (jhreindl@uwm.edu) and Nick (nvreindl@uwm.edu). (I'm guessing you all noticed the pattern there! :)


IF you are like me, and like to also pencil in an address in my address book, here are their snail mail addresses:


Meaghan Reindl

3400 Maryland Avenue

Mailbox #2312

Milwaukee, WI 53211


Nick and Josh Reindl

2958 N. Cramer St.

Milwaukee, WI 53211


Well, I am going to get going now because I have to go and buy more Kleenex. Joey is doing really well so far, and we did welcome a new puppy into our lives (named Koda) that I'll blog about next time. Poor kid...with having to get Meaghan shopped for and off to college, and then the boys moving into their own place and making sure all the financial aid is in order and renting the U-Haul and coordinating all the moving...I forgot that JOEY starts school on Tuesday too!!


Pray for him...his mom has lost her mind...and three of her favorite roommates...


til next time,


xo, ~kelly

5 endearing comments:

doughtydigest said...

Yikes! Where does the time go? Next you know they'll be getting married and having kids:) Of course I never age even though my oldest is almost 7! It'll probably be fun just to have Joey, he'll get spoiled with all that attention:)

Love, Bridget

JenniLynn said...

what will you do with all that extra time on your hands? we'll definitelyl have to do coffe!
Love,
R

Julie said...

Well well, well here is a huge round of applause for You and Vince for your hard work to get three kids off to college and for raising them with the dreams to succeed and the freedom to "go get it". May you enjoy moment as you look at the memories made and the memories yet to be made. The picture is awesome what a great group you have raised. Thanbk you for the emails and addresses I will try to send them messages. Heres to you as I drink my morning joe. Love ya, Julie

Dawn Doucette said...

Wow - it's that time of the year already.... Meghan, I'm glad you'll have Nick & Josh at UWM to introduce you to people... It's always more fun starting a new adventure with people you love to have fun with! I hope you all have a great school year!

Aunt Kelly - I'm thinking about you. I'd love to think it was that hard for my mom to send me to college... but she still had 3 wonderful kids at home keeping her busy... :(

Hope everybody is having a wonderful day! Love to all!

~kelly :) said...

To some of my favorite bloggers,

Bridget, yes, you are right..where DOES the time go??!! I have been avoiding even THINKING about it and just staying quite busy because every once in awhile, I want to just SOB my eyes out!!

Rita, PLEASE let's have coffee soon! (Bridget, I'd love to have coffee with you and your busy family but can't afford the plane fare!)

Julie, Thanks for the round of applause regarding the kids. Vince and I have had excellent role models (*hint, hint!) to TRY to parent these kids...

Dawn, I can ASSURE you that it was difficult for your mom to send you off to college even with your three siblings still at home. TRUST ME ON THAT ONE. I know of what I speak :)

love to you all, and everyone else too,

~kelly :)