Saturday, August 23, 2008

Merfeld News

Hi Everyone, i don't have much time before i leave work for the day but wanted to give everyone an update on how life is at the Merfeld Farm. I recently was asked to help make window treatments and pillows for the extreme home makeover show that took place in Richland Center, it was a lot of fun but very exhausting considering i had morning sickness, yes you heard right Jesse and I are going to be welcoming a little bundle of joy come mid March. In other news Jesse is going through a job change and is now working at John Deere in Horicon where they make lawn and garden tractors, he starts on Monday. Well now it is 4:47 and i can start shut down at work and go home, I think we are going to grill out tonight and go to bed early, sleep, I tend to need that a lot :)

5 endearing comments:

Julie said...

First off congrats on the baby news. Can you describe the window treaments and pillows or does it have to be kept secret? I can't imagine how fun and hectic the event was and with the tiredness of being pregnant wow. Thanks for sharing. Aunt Julie

cmj farms said...

The window treatments were just panels with some banding on the bottom. The pillows were just one or two fabrics and prety simple. we did the great room and the master bedroom which was Ty's room:) I will let everyone know the date it is going to air in October as soon as I know.

~kelly :) said...

Hi Carissa!!

CONGRADS on your impending parenthood...no doubt you and Jesse will make very cool parents!! If you need a target date for mid-March, OUR Anniversary (March 16th) has been a LUCKY day so far!! I know there are lots of family birthdays in March so you can't go wrong no matter what day the baby is born on!!

I have been bragging about you to anyone that will listen about being a part of the Extreme Home Makeover show! I sit with a box of Kleenex EVERY time it comes on...as a matter of fact, IF I am sitting down at that time and not working, I have a bowl of popcorn in my lap, a diet Coke on one side of me and the Kleenex box on the other side. Ask Uncle Vince and Joey, I'm not lying!! I START the show that way! Everyone has asked me if you got to meet Ty, so I'll ask you that now...Did you get to meet Ty??!!! I love that guy!!

Okay, I am off to Woodman's to grocery shop for Nick and Josh to help them get set up in THEIR new home in Milwaukee. I can't guarantee that their pillows will match but I DO know that they should be able to live together! Like Josh says, "What's different? I've lived with the guy for over 19 years now!"

Blessings to you and REST up...

love, Aunt Kelly

JenniLynn said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you!

Also, totally cool that you got to work on the Extreme Home Makeover. I will record it so I don't miss anything.
Love,
Aunt Rita

Brenda said...

Congrats Carissa! I'm so excited for you! Being a new parent is such a great feeling! Enjoy being pregnant though- it goes quick and sometimes I actaully miss it.