Thursday, June 11, 2009

Farming, working and Life at the Merfelds











Wow Dawn you have had some animal action at your place:) Well life is crazy here, yesterday on my day off of work Pyper and I spent 6 hours cutting hay for Jesse and then he came and took over when he was done. He is back on 1st shift so I now have to share the bed again which believe me I don't mind at all. Jesse's Dad is in Mississippi baling straw for a local farmer in Columbus who rents land down there, there winter wheat is ready to harvest where up here it won't be ready until July. Pyper is growing up so fast and we are enjoying every second of it, she has rolled over a couple of times and she loves it when Daddy changes her diaper:) Jesse and I decided that we really do not need 2 cars and a truck so we are selling my car, if anyone is interested in a 04 VW jetta diesel that gets 45-50 mpg let me know we are hoping to sell it for 12995 or best offer. I get to drive the truck:):):) When is it ever going to warm up????




I am looking forward to getting a new lawn mower that Jesse and I are going to share with his parents, you see we have an arrangement that Deb my Mother in law will watch Pyper as I mow both her lawn and mine, that way she gets to spend time with her grand daughter and get her lawn mowed and I get a nice tan:):) see everybody is happy. Well I am off soon to go pick Pyper up and then go play volleyball, what a great night;) lost of love to everyone and enjoy some pic of my growing girl:)

4 endearing comments:

~kelly :) said...

Hi Carissa!!

THANKS for posting your pictures! It's fun to see the littlest ones because they seem to change the most before we see them again...

Is that all of you at a Brewer game? I LOVE that she is going here, there and apparently EVERYWHERE to see the world and all that's out there :) You're never too young to root for the Brewers!!

It's great to hear how things are going at your house and I am happy that YOU are all happy :) Your post brings back some nice memories (NOT of mowing a lawn, though...) and I also have to admit that I'm PROUD to see you playing volleyball as well!!! (I'm playing two nights a week this summer and am still thrilled to death that I can!!) Take care of each other and know that we love you...

~aunt kelly :)

Julie said...

Carissa, Thanks for my wake up news. I love to check in and see baby pictures in the morning. Well Ashlynn is coming this morning and we get our day together so I know how fun having grandma time is. Take care, and soon it will be warm and we will complain about the price of airconditioning. Love to all, Julie

JenniLynn said...

Carissa, I can hear the happiness in every line of your blog! You know someone is happy when they talk about baling straw and mowing TWO lawns and you can see the smile on their face as they write about it. I've never baled straw, but I hear that is a lot of work. I would like to try sometime but I'm now sure how much help I would be.

Thanks for the pics of Pyper. I especially like the upper left one. I love that pout!

You know what else makes me smile? The fact that you are soooo happy to have to share your bed again. That's love!

Thanks for updating us! Have a GREAT weekend!
Love,
Aunt Rita

Dawn Doucette said...

Yes, much animal action... you smarty pants! Glad to see you guys are really enjoying life, parenting, farming, baseball gaming... it's just such a treat when life is overflowing with love!

How are those daylilies??? Ours are just starting to bloom... hope they bring a smile to your face!

Give Jesse & Pyper lots of love from us!

XOXO,
Dawn