Thursday, June 4, 2009

Burlington News

Hi Everyone!
It's been a while since I've done an update on the Storey family so, like a newspaper, I'll briefly fill you in on all the RANDOM happenings in our life.

Ashlynn-
11 Months old already! Where did the time go? I'm in the process of planning her 1st Birthday party so when I get more details figured out I'll let you all know. She's now walking everywhere! She really enjoys chasing Isis (our cat), playing "lets see who gets to Riley's water first," following the "big 2 year olds" at the park, and running away from mom and dad BUTT NAKED after bath time! She's a blast and we are enjoying every minute of it. She's also quite the chatter box! Vocab includes: mama, dada, thank you, good girl, kitty, Riley, uh-oh, Mo (more), Hi, baby, and the list goes on. She may not look a lot like me but she DOES have my personality! If I remember I'm going to include a video of her reading her book to Grandpa! :-)

House-
Over the past couple months we have spent many hours doing research and planning and searching for a house. We are closer than we have ever been to actually OWNING a home! :-) We "potentially" have a house here in Burlington, Honey Lake area to be exact. It's located in a town-in-the-county (if that makes sense.) It's a ranch style house with a nice deck, full basement (unfinished- for now) very open floor plan, and a great size for a first home. It's also set on almost an acre lot which is awesome. We can't wait to have a yard considering we have NOTHING for grass at our apartment. We have an accepted off, done our home inspection, done the well and septic inspection, and the loan is in the works. Everything is going smoothly! (knock on wood.) We are waiting for the bank appraisal and Rural Development inspection which we should hear about soon. Our closing date is set for June 26th! Cross your fingers!

Work-
I recently became the head of my department (cosmetics) at Walgreen's. It's not a huge step up or anything but it feels nice to have a little bit of power! We have been quite busy and my days usually go fast. Brian has been super busy at work! They have recently taken on many Government projects for the Highway Safety people and whatnot. (yeah it's complicated language to someone who knows nothing about crashing cars...well not on purpose anyway!) Anyway, they seem to always have a full load and he's still enjoying what he does. They have gotten in a lot of new or not-yet-released cars, like the 2010 Camaro (quit drooling Greg) and hybrids, that they load it with sensors and send it down the track 65mph to it's death. They have also done a lot of bus testing and crashing. It's interesting stuff. I don't do it justice when I try to explain his job, go to http://www.mgaresearch.com/ if you want to make sense of my chatter.

Expecting-
Yes! We are expecting again! I'm sure most of you have heard this thru the grapevine but if not SURPRISE! We are so excited. Pregnancy is going well, just as easy as it was with Ashlynn. Check-ups have been great, baby is growing wonderfully, and beginning to move quite a bit! Banana splits have been amazing and iced tea has been the best drink ever invented. ;-) We will be 20 weeks this Saturday! Our due date is set for October 31st. Yay! Today we had our ultrasound to determine gender. We found out we are having...
Turn to Comments Page for the rest of the story:

That sums up this edition of Burlington News. Hope everyone is having a good Spring and lets cross our Fingers for some nicer weather!

Love-
Storey Family :-)

4 endearing comments:

Brenda said...

Continued from Origional Post Page:

BOY! yay! We are so excited. I think Brian even did a dance! Any good name suggestions feel free to let us know!

~kelly :) said...

Oh Brenda, GREAT way to announce your news!!!! I am sooo happy and proud of you both!! (I don't know what makes me happier...the way you ANNOUNCED the news or THE news!!!)

I think we are so fortunate to be able to keep in touch like this. I can't even imagine what my posts would have been like when I was your age...

yikes! Did I just say that?! I AM my parents, aren't I??!!

Anyway, thanks for the post, best wishes on the house (it sounds perfect for you!) and the job promotion...never underestimate that sort of thing. The experience and the knowledge you'll get will ALWAYS come in handy...you just might not know when ;)

xo, ~aunt kelly

Dawn Doucette said...

You're kidding me... you're having a baby???? It's June, so it can't be an April Fool's joke...

Ha, ha, ha... I'm just kidding. I'm sure Brian is over the top excited to be having a future-little-fishing buddy. Not that Ashlynn won't be a fishing buddy, because I'm sure she'll think worms are lots of fun.

Loved the video Bren... here's the funny-ha-ha though, I played it for Chris, and after it was over he looked at me puzzled and said, "Now what was she saying?". I said in my straightest face, "She said, "It's time for the puppy to go to the park." Then I couldn't keep a straight face anymore... I had to tell him it was her own special baby jibberish language.

And I'm still laughing about it. Lots of love to all! XO,
Dawn

P.S. In honor of you having a baby, we now have a raccoon that decided to make her nest in the window well just outside our kitchen by my lettuce bed - and it appears she may be having babies too... but hers will come much sooner than yours and she'll have many more. Hey, she might be the next octo-mom! LOL

JenniLynn said...

First - Ditto on what Kelly said (she just says it way better than I).

Second, I love the pic of Ashlynn and "Grandpa". Still feels weird to me to call your dad "Grandpa".

I am really excited for you all. So much going on. What an exciting year this will be. Make sure you keep us posted on everything! Let me know if you need help moving or painting or cleaning or babysitting or anything when you get the house. I'll be more than happy to help.

Boy's names? Well, I like Jonah and Isaiah and Levi and Calvin and Keith just for starters. I do believe Audrey has already named her firstborn boy Aidan and Kimberly has picked Braden for her's. No - neither one is pregnant; they just like those names.

OK, I guess I should get back to work. Again-CONGRATS on all the good news!
Love,
Aunt Rita