Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What do you do at 2 a.m.?

What am I doing up at 2 a.m. I ask myself... I love this heat we've had for the past 2 days. I know many people really don't like it, but I think I was born to live in the juicy Florida climate. My whole body loves this. So what does get me up at this crazy hour???

My stomach is growling... seriously. You can stop laughing at me. I guess I should have had that snack before bedtime. Bummer, a little late now.

So is anybody else up with me? Is anybody out there? Probably not (you are all very wise). It was great seeing some of the family for Father's Day. We don't have family get togethers often enough.

The Riveria in Lake Geneva

For those I didn't see on Sunday, last week I sent Chris to summer camp... well not really. He has an annual golf trip he takes with 13 other guys up to the Wis. Dells. They rent a huge house on the Wisconsin River and play lots of golf Wed - Sunday. So while he was out of town this year, I had his niece Briana out to stay a few days with me. The highlight of Briana's stay was that I took her on the Mailboat Cruise on Lake Geneva. I hadn't taken that boat ride since Mom & Dad took us on that as kids... yes, many moons ago. :) So it was a treat to be able to share it with her.

The mail delivery kids actually have to jump off the boat while it is moving, deliver the mail to the dock mailbox, then back on the boat... and the boat never stops! Many a mail people have taken a swim in the past! :)

Stone Manor - now a 6 unit condo building, originally the largest single family home built on the lake. It has 7 livable floors with a rooftop pool! Nice!


What do you think for our next weekend gathering? These digs aren't too shabby. I just thought this home (especially the hammock) was super dreamy! :)

I wanted to share a few pics from our cruise and let you all know I love you! Stay cool in this heat, and please make sure to check on your neighbors & friends (especially the elderly or those with compromised health.) Share the love!

XOXO,
Dawn

3 endearing comments:

JenniLynn said...

Hey, that cruise looks like fun! Is that house really available for rent? Sign me up and let's go! Not enough room for all of us? I'll sleep on the deck.

Have you ever heard of The Nautical Inn in Lake Geneva? Looks like that might be a good place for our large group to stay for a long weekend together.

I hope you got some sleep after you had a snack. I know it always helps me. I'm trying to stop eating in the middle of the night when I wake up. Sometimes I think I eat in my sleep.

Have a great day and know we love you too!
Love,
Aunt Rita

Dawn Doucette said...

Hey Aunt Rita, no that house isn't available for rent. It's just my wishful thinking because it was so beautiful!

The Nautical Inn in Lake Geneva while online looks nice... it's in a not so relaxing part of town. Chris & I actually both laughed about this a few weeks ago, saying I bet people that don't know the area book their vacation here, then get here and are really disappointed.

Last night, I actually pre-planned so I wouldn't get hungry in the middle of the night. We went for an ice cream cone at 8:30 so it tied me over through the morning! YEAH!!

I still was up at 5:45, but not because of my stomach! Hope you guys are staying warm! Much love!

Dawn

JenniLynn said...

Well, bummer. I thought that location might be nice. I google mapped it, and couldn't quite tell what the neighborhood was like. It didn't look very touristy, but it's hard to tell from that.

I'm glad to hear you planned ahead last night and had your before-bed snack. Up at 5:45? You must be related to Dave Reindl!

Have a great day. Try to stay warm.
Love,
Aunt Rita