Thursday, June 25, 2009

Memories

Looking at Dawns post, taking Riley out for his toilet duties, and Rita's birthday reminded me of the "good old days". Now i know I am getting Grandma syndrome. I remember when I was young and it was HOT outside I would get the Radio Flyer wagon. I would put down a blanket, get a couple of kids usually Rita and Monica sometimes Jeff and Monica or Jeff and Rita. I would put them in the wagon and take off for an afternoon walk. We headed over to Audley Drive and kept walking until I got tired or pulling the wagon. I looked at the lawns and we all said "HI" to people we met. I don't know what the passengers were thinking but I was daydreaming and had many days of that in the summer heat. So as the heat of summer rolls on take the time to day dream like Rita and Dawn did with the cottage on Geneva Lake. The sun and heat can make for the perfect time to dream and take a risk. Enjoy the adventure and "What you Dream is what IS possible. If you don't Dream it will never be Possible." Julie
Don't forget to click on Dawn's pictures and Dream!

1 endearing comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

Mom, anytime you want to relive the good 'ole days, you can pull me in the Radioflyer... LOL

Just kidding, but I'm sure Ashlynn would be more than happy to go for a wagon ride.

Times were simpler 20 years ago and more. (I can't speak much of the more than 20 years ago time frame.) When all that matter in the summer was green grass, blue sky, a slight breeze and fresh cut watermelon. What gets better than that!

Let's all work toward more love, more family, and a simple abundant life!

Love to all!
Dawn