Friday, March 13, 2009

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼!!!!!

Did you get your daily dose of Vitamin D today? I couldn't resist... cabin fever has truly set in!

I didn't care how chilly it was, the sun was out and I was determined to enjoy it today. So between WIAA State Girl's Basketball games, I walked down to Walmart to get a few groceries and walked home.

Chris thought I was crazy (and I'm sure some of you do too)... but that's nothing new. ☺ You should have seen how many people gave me the most bizarre looks. People just don't walk anymore! So I stroll into Wally World, rosy cheeked and all... pick up my coffee filters, my cereal, don't forget the tartar sauce (it's Friday and we're having fish sticks & french fries for dinner), and then crazy me get's tempted by a pint of blueberries, a tub o' cottage cheese... and I almost picked up a quart of creamer when I remember... you goof, you walked here. You have to carry that back!

So I didn't get the creamer... but the blueberries & cottage cheese did give me my workout coming home! Of course, the whole way home the breeze was in my face, and I was climbing a hill... but it was glorious! The sunshine was beautiful and I felt lucky to be able to walk that far!

Hope your journeys today were bright and beautiful!

Love to all,
Dawn

P.S... and just to prove it really is Friday the 13th for the second time this year... I did accidentally step in what I thought was frozen ground and it ended up being mud... squoosh... bummer. So one of my steps was not so sunny~ :(
Love you!

5 endearing comments:

Julie said...

That reiminds me of the time when you were 5 and Idecided we could walk to Grandmas from Hilton Lane. You walked with me the whole way and Greg and Amy were in the stroller. We were tired when we got there but you really were loving the walk. Heres to more days to walk and for those who can walk count your blessings. I would give almost anything to be able to walk a mile outside up hill with the wind blowing. Enjoy your sore muscles you earned them. Love, MOM

~kelly :) said...

Dear Dawn,
I must tell you that NO ONE I know could describe a walk to Wal-Mart the way YOU can!! Truly, it was almost like walking right with you. I say ALMOST because, I, like your mom, probably couldn't muster up enough to walk up hill for a mile with the wind blowing my hair all over the place!! But I can certainly cheer you on while you're doing it! GO DAWN! GO DAWN!!

love you, ~aunt kelly

doughtydigest said...

we are lucky here, besides the glorious weather, we live practically behind wal=mart, 3 blocks from cost-co and 4 from the library. But I have the same problem, no place to put all the stuff I need to buy! The boys are learning to ride their bikes and I have a trailer for the little 2, so we'll be off soon!

Dawn Doucette said...

It didn't take me the full 29 years to know I'm crazy... but the sunshine is like a great natural high! We need it!

And let me tell you... my 3 mile walk is still talking to me this morning! Ooooooh those legs are a burning... in a good way.

Bridget & Jason - You guys are so lucky... and it's dangerous to live so close to Costco. If I had a Sam's Club that close, I'd be in trouble... but we'd never run out of toilet paper! :) Now you just need to have each of the kid's bikes with a little trailer... and then it becomes a family excursion to pick up what you need! Not a bad idea!

It's supposed to be very spring like here this weekend!!!! YEAH! Hope everybody gets a chance to get out and enjoy it!

Love you all!

Oh yeah, as a bonus on my walk, I found a golfball - it was hit just a wee bit off course! Just another sign from the heavens that spring is coming and to warm up the clubs!

Amy said...

I have been getting out and walking Teddy more. I am enjoying the sunshine and warmth and so is he.